Epilogue. Lullabye Bye Bye

Dear me of the past long ago,
I'm not really sure how long 'long ago' is. I guess I should assume 10 - 8 years, when I was still a teenager. Anyways, let's get this show on the road. Or something like that..

So, then, are you ready?

"HEY, ARE YOU okay?" asked a gentle, quiet voice. "If you get distracted, you might cut yourself... Please don't."

A woman blinked, suddenly aware of how close the knife was to her hand as she cut up fruit into thin slices. She immediately put up some distance, and laughed awkwardly as the one beside her squinted with worry.

"Sorry, I kind of spaced out," (Y/n) apologized.

"It's alright," replied Tamaki, wiping his hands on his pajama pants. "You don't have to force yourself. I can take it from here, (Y/n)."

"Come on," she smirked, twirling the knife dangerously, instantly setting the ravenett into a panic. "It's your birthday, man. The least I can do is make something small for you and the others."

His eyes narrowed with a bit of worry, and peered to the side. "If you say so... Thanks... But please don't hurt yourself. I think I'd cry if you do."

"I'm not that weak!" she pouted childishly, tempted to just stab the knife through her hand to show off, but was pretty sure that wasn't a good idea to prove her strength. "Anyways, just keep opening up the little lecheras. I hate having to pour them into the blender individually from their teeny little cans, hate it, worst thing in the world, it's so slow and such a hassle. Can you put them all together in a cup please?"

"Sure," he replied to her specific rambling.

The light clanking and chopping on wood echoed in the kitchen, Tamaki fumbling with a can-opener but not wanting to ask for help, and (Y/n) trying to cut the strawberries as fast as possible though almost grazing her finger several times.

"You having trouble?" her smooth voice alerted him.

Tamaki hung his head in shame, slightly flustered. "... Yeah... Sorry..."

(Y/n) laughed, gently snatching both of them in her hands. Her pajama top winkled as she leaned against the counter, demonstrating how to use it as pitter pattering steps entered the kitchen, their ankles both grazed by a small furry presence. They both made sure to give the dog their share of affection, who almost knocked them over.

"Milkshake's energetic today," she noted, rubbing the Labrador's head.

"Yeah."

It's almost spring, so it's really cold. I wear a scarf and coat when I go out on ordinary business. That weird person you live with is always worrying about you. But it's a mutual worry. It's snowing, so we wanted to build an igloo, but we've been busy. There's a lot of things we're trying to take care of.

"Do you know when it is they're coming over again?"

"We agreed at dusk, like 5, would be fine. Don't worry, we still have plenty of time."

"Okay. I was just checking."

(S/c) hands held down the top of the blender as they mixed milk and that sweet gooey lechera together, eventually pouring it over the sliced up little strawberries in a large bowl and adding cream. Tamaki helped lap it together with a large spoon, and (Y/n) clapped.

Shower water sprayed in the bathroom as heat steamed out from the gap under the door, and Tamaki stared at it, baffled by how hot she was able to shower. Soon enough, she'd changed into simple comfortable clothes, but appropriate for a host as their deadline approached. He himself wore something moderately casual and comfy too, settling for a dark sweater and black jeans.