28. Tongue

......Hey. so I'm writing the end and I'm low key crying (low key). Love the impatient reactions from the cliffhanger xoxo comments and votes appreciated. I'm gonna by best to wrap up the story as naturally as possible too lol.
--

"CLASSES HAVE JUST started up again, but I'm already craving something sweet," Hado whined as she slumped back in a chair at the cafeteria. "But I dunno what I want... Sad."

"You should talk to (Y/n)-Chan about that, I bet she'd find you what you're looking for," suggesting Mirio before popping a small riceball into his mouth. He seemed very pleased by that riceball.

At the mention of her name, their ravenett friend seemed to peek up a little, but remained quiet.

"Why don't you guys go to the Michohana? Doesn't (Y/n) work there or something?" asked Yuyu, pointing it at Hado with a chopstick.

"That's not a bad idea," Hado looked up, humming, then turned to Mirio. "We should all go later today! I bet with (Y/n)-Chan's big hearted generosity, she'd be thrilled to offer a friend coupon or student discount, right?"

Hado was sparkling. She really wanted to go.

Mirio finished up what was in his mouth. "Sorry, but I don't think I can," he answered calmly and took a sip of milk.

"How come?" frowned Hado.

"You used to drool over that place," Yuyu rose an eyebrow. Even Tamaki had looked up at Mirio.

The blond just shrugged. "Guess it's not as good as I thought."

There was something lingering in the air they couldn't quite identify, but it was easy to tell they should leave it at that.

"Ah-It's not like I hate (Y/n)-Chan's baking or anything! I love everything she makes, so it's not that!" he waved his hands around frantically to provide an explanation.

"Yeah yeah, we get it," laughed Yuyu. "I've yet to try any of her food though. Hado, what would you give it?"

"If I had a scale of 10... A 12!"

"Aww," Yuyu smiled warmly at Hado, then looked at Tamaki. "What about you, Amajiki? If Hado hasn't set the standard too high, haha."

He blinked upon hearing his name, and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I'd probably... Give it... Um..."

Everyone knew what that expression meant. He was overthinking his answer, probably feeling pressured to say a number over 10 but not be too high while also being honest, something like that.

"I-It's fine, you don't have to-"

"I'd give it a 20."

Oh, he answered normally. And that was pretty high, they thought he'd say an answer like 8. Mirio chuckled at Tamaki's response, for some reason prompting the others to laugh a little as well.

"What? You guys asked for an answer," Tamaki frowned, no doubt bashful by their reaction.

"Na, it's nothing," Mirio waved it off, but seemed to realize something. "Oh, say, does anyone know where (Y/n)-Chan is right now? I heard something about a strawberry cream cheese bagel that I would looove to get my hands on."

"You moron, just visit the bakery," Yuyu scolded.

"But (Y/n)-Chan's already a bakery," Mirio reasoned.

"What does that even mean?"

"If anyone knows, it's probably Tamaki, right?" said Hado with an innocent smile.

On cue, everyone gazed at him. His aura darkened with gloom.

"What makes you say that?" he mumbled, avoiding eye contact.