25. Incoherent

I will pepper in the fact that Y/n and Mirio are platonic and affectionate friends with a healthy relationship and nothing more. Also I'm not changing things just because you comment "actually" "wrong" "not me" like ?? Get lost man.
--

"SO... THAT DIDN'T taste the way I hoped it would," chuckled Mirio as he and (Y/n) recovered from the nasty banana snacks he'd had no previous knowledge of.

"It's okay... It was a learning experience," said (L/n) as she gulped down a drink of water from a nearby water fountain. "Though I think the only thing I've learned is not to eat those ever again. I think I'm sad now. I'm sad."

"Aw, I'm sorry," apologized Mirio. "Would a hug make you feel better?"

"Hugs always make me feel better man," (Y/n) sniffled. "Thug life? More like Hug life."

"Come 'ere," Mirio opened his arms, and the two hugged. Her energy bar was restored. Mirio was really fucking huge she remembered, but not as tall as she remembered. Oh, a catlike grin appeared on her face, have I gotten taller after all?!

"You mind if I ask you something?" said Mirio at some point once the two separated and were sitting back on the fountain.

"I do," she immediately protested. "Buut I do wanna know what the question is," (Y/n) hummed curiously.

"Nothing big, like your crush on Tamaki, I just wanted to ask more about your mom and your relationship with her," Mirio shrugged, wiping off nonexistent dust off his yukata before sitting back down.

"Oh, really? I don't mind any specific-"

A pause.

The skies began to twinkle with stars.

"Wait what did you say before that?" (Y/n) smiled nervously, knowing Mirio didn't just toss in a bomb so casually that she almost didn't notice.

"Your crush on Tamaki?" Mirio wiped banana off his hands with a napkin.

"My crush on," (Y/n) nodded competitively, crossing her arms.

Mirio folded the napkin. The bomb was ticking.

"My crush on," she nodded again, quite thoughtfully.

Mirio put it on the paper tray. Not the bomb, the napkin. The bomb was set.

"My-"

Mirio laughed at the incoherent sputter emitting from (Y/n) as she fully processed what Mirio said, the bomb now detonating violently in the form of a rosy blossom on her cheeks, at this point going completely red in the face. She made various noises, like a dog about to throw up, but seemed to have a common theme of trying to make some excuse to Mirio's abundantly ridiculous claim.

"Noooooo no no no," (Y/n) wagged her finger, grinning as if she had the upper hand while Mirio just sat there calmly. "Nooooooo buddy, that's-that's wrong, you are wrong there kiddo, that's-that is FALSE-FALSEE-HMMMMMMM-"

Mirio pointed at her, eyes sparkling. "So it's true?"

"IT'S NOT!" (Y/n) threw her head back, and made an X with her arms. "We're just friends! Do I care about him? Yeah! A little more than other people? Of course! But do I like him?!"

"Yes."

"DAMMIT MIRIO!" (Y/n) covered her face with her hands shamefully, the blush obvious on her (s/c) face. "You totally tricked me! Filthy! Cannot believe you! Blocked!"

"Wha-But I didn't do anything!" Mirio sniffled, confused as he received a few light punches to the chest that were to easy to counter with one hand.