17.5. Immensely

You may have...... A treat.........
--

"IS THAT ALL you need, Fatgum?"

The oversized hero locked back at the (h/c)nette. "Yeah, that'll be all! Thanks for helping me clean the office!" he grinned cheerfully.

(Y/n) shrugged with a smile. "It's no trouble!" She rubbed her hands a bit, they were a little sore of constantly holing heavy boxes. And not mention sleepy.

So maybe it was a little trouble, but she didn't really mind.

"Alrighty then!" Fatgum stretched a bit, then turned his attention back to (Y/n). "Good job today, (Y/n)-Chan! You and Suneater work really well together!"

She rubbed her neck somewhat bashfully. "Aw shucks. . ."

"It's true! Not to mention, he seems happier now that you're here too," Fatgum claimed as he turned off the lights to his hero office.

This time, she stared in mild confusion. "What do you mean?"

Fatgum chuckled as he walked beside her and they made their way out the building together. "I've taken Suneater as an intern every time, and he's always very timid and quiet, especially around others."

Oh? He's telling me about Tamaki from before! Her face lit up upon discussing Tamaki unintentionally.

"Because of that, he always makes it last place in the Sports Festival, you know?" he said. "But this time, he did way better and got seventh place!"

"Oh, that's right!" (Y/n) recalled excitedly.

"I was super shocked when I found out, and congratulated him! I asked, how'd you pull that off, I thought you were camera shy?" Fatgum opened the door of the building and looked down at (Y/n). "You know what he said?"

(Y/n) blinked, then shook her head.

"He said, one of my good friends gave me a good luck charm," answered Fatgum. His smile almost looked smug when (Y/n)'s face suddenly blew up red. He burst out laughing in amusement. "That's not all!"

It's not?! The anticipation made her heart race, even though it was just a small thing.

"He said, I don't think it's the charm itself that helped me, but her overall confidence and faith that made me try a little harder, even if there were cameras everywhere!" Fatgum beamed.

"Gaack!" (Y/n) looked away, holding her hands to her cheeks trying to cool it down, and felt immensely embarrassed when Fatgum gingerly patted her back with a laugh.

"And I knew it must've been you when he would talk about you when you were doing errands or other work!"

"He-He-He-He talked about me?" she stammered, still blushing.

Fatgum nodded gingerly. "Yup! Even when you're not here!"

(Y/n) felt like she was gonna pass out from that statement alone.

"(Y/n)-Chan, are you okay?"

What does he say? Who does he tell? How does he look when he does? Is it good or bad? Does he smile? I wanna see him smile. . .

(Y/n) went home and felt like her whole life was turned around upon that simple realization that she exists among the conscious of others. And with the heavy desire to see his smile again, even if they'd see each other the following day.