33. Red Rivalry!!

IF ANYONE TOLD him he'd be peer pressured by this energetic first year to introduce him to Fatgum, he probably would've said Yeah, I can see that happening.

However, he would've said that with the expectation that he'd be with (Y/n) as well, not on his own and having to deal with this Red Riot, who lived up to his name. His stamina and enthusiasm was off the charts, and he had a hard time matching his energy. It was only the second day of the work-study, but he was longing for (Y/n)'s comfort.

She was able to teleport longer distances before. A peek into a tossed away manilla folder in her room he'd seen made him wonder why. He was alone with this kid while Fatgum was taking a break in the restroom for a minute. Not to mention, it would be nice to see her again.

"Oh, Amajiki-Senpai!"

He almost feinted when he thought it was (Y/n), and hid his disappointment when it was just his new kouhai, Kirishima Eijirou.

"What is it?" he said as Eijirou caught up to him as they patrolled the sidewalk leisurely, awaiting Fatgum's return. It was around midday, so the skies were being painted a yellow and pinkish gradient. It was more likely crime would be starting up soon, all the more reason to be more alert. They didn't want a mishap like the other day.

"Were you thinking of (Y/n)-Chan just now?!" said Eijirou.

"Wh-What?" Internal panic.

The boy was a lie, he was actually a mind reader. Wait, (Y/n)-Chan? Why'd he adress her like that? Were they close? Had they advanced their relationship since that summer festival, and had little nicknames for each other? Wasn't that a sign for something? Should he be getting so worked about it?!

"It's just, she told me she was gonna be in Tokyo for a bit, so we won't be able to talk that much," he scratched the back of his head. "I've seen you two together, so I'm pretty sure you're friends, right?! So, can I ask for some advice, since you seem close?"

Tamaki hesitated, unsure how to respond or what he was asking for. "I guess."

"Um, so," Eijirou furrowed his eyebrows in determination as his face went crimson. "What kind of guy does (Y/n)-Chan like?!"

Instant kill.

"Wh... Why are you asking me that?" He averted his gaze as his heartbeat picked up. Tamaki detected an enemy.

"I thought you would know since you seem close," he chuckled bashfully. "Since she hangs out with different types of people, so I can't really tell. I was hoping you would, maybe?"

His chest hammered from the competition that suddenly sprang up on him. Tamaki had to relax. Maybe chill the fuck out and interact like a normal person. It was probably out of curiosity, or something, nothing else.

"I dunno. She seems to be into the weak, cowardly type." 100% serious and referring to himself.

"What does that mean?! Should I try being weak and cowardly then?!" Eijirou had his voice raised out of habit. And that was basically impossible with how much strength he possessed.

"Kirishima-Kun," Tamaki decided he wanted to know after all. He wasn't one for direct confrontation, but it was seriously bugging him. "Do you, by chance, like (Y/n)?"

Boom! Eijirou was desperately trying to hide his face, the accusation only forcing him to have a smile, though not by choice, on his face as he waved his hands around and stammered. "No-What?! No way! Of course not! I'm asking for a friend, yeah, that's it!"

"I seriously doubt that," Tamaki muttered as he scanned the boy that obviously had a crush on her. "Kirishima-Kun... There's something you should know."