Chapter 1 - Waking Up

Slowly, feeling came back to my fingers. After that a tingling feeling spread trough my body. I wanted to speak, but my lips wouldn't move. I wanted to lift my hand, yet my body was not budging. Beeping filled my ears and hushed voices came out from the background.
"He's waking up, update the captain right away"
I faintly recognized the voice, before falling into unconsciousness again.

What seemed like a few minutes later, my senses came back to me.
"We need to tell him about this Hitoshi, he has the right to know!"
"We can't! Did you really forget the hero federation has their eyes on him permanently? No communication, captain's orders!"
Everything fell into silence again, before alarm bells were ringing. It was so damn loud... Ugh...

Suddenly there was a voice. A very familiar one at that.
"Deku! Deku, please... Please! I know you can hear me!"
A hand grabbed my own, holding onto it tightly. Such a hard grasp, it actually hurt quite a bit.
"Bakugou! Leave here at once!" another voice yelled.
"Men! Take him away! Make sure no one sees him!"
"Understand captain!"
All that yelling... All that shouting... I just wanted it to stop. Stop... Stop.

"S-stop..."

It was barely a whisper, but it was enough to be heard. The noise stopped, just as I requested, and I felt like a million eyes were burning holes into my skull.
"I-Izuku..? Izuku, please, talk to me"
Kacchan... That's Kacchan's voice...
"K-Ka...cchan..?" I breathed out on a hoarse tone, forcing my eyes to open. There he was, the ash blonde. He seemed older... His ruby eyes covered in tears.

"Midoriya..." another voice whispered in shock. I tilted my head a little, seeing Shoto standing in his Ace form. Also he seemed older somehow. Not much though, just a little. A little...different.
"It's alright, I'm here now" Kacchan spoke, pulling my gaze back to him. He kissed my hand, holding it gently.
"I-I'm here... Everything is fine"
That expression... It looked so familiar... Then I remembered. He held that very same expression back then...

Back when I-

"D-did I...w-win..?" I choked out, making him cry even harder, a smile breaking through.
"That's really the first thing on your mind after waking up huh? Did you win? Of fucking course you won ya damn nerd... Nobody can ever defeat the Green Reaper, now can they?"
I smiled a little at that, forcing out a weak chuckle. Shoto interrupted our moment, however.

"Katsuki, I'm going to have to ask you to leave" he stated.
"We need to run some tests to see if everything is alright and you need to get out before the hero federation-"
"I don't fucking care what the stupid dumb federation thinks of me okay?! I don't care if they take my hero license away for this or even throw me in jail! I'm staying right here, you understand half-n-half?!"

"Very well..." he sighed, giving me one last smile before shooing everyone out of the room, giving us some privacy.
"W-wha... What h-happened..?" I asked confused. How long was I out? When did Kacchan get his license..?
"A lot happened when you were out, Izu" he whispered, looking down a bit.
"You... You were asleep for a very long time..."
He broke off his own sentence, seemingly having a hard time putting this to words.

"I-it was...so hard...to be without you... But somehow we managed. A-and now you're back... You're finally back"
He wiped his tears away, laughing at the thought alone.
"K-Kacchan... H-how l-lo-ong..?" I asked, making him freeze up. He bit his lip, glancing at me before looking away again.

"Five years"

Silence fell in my head.

"Come again?"

"Five years Deku" he repeated, sighing with a sad smile.
"A lot happened in that time... Icyhot basically took over the whole union, dunce face and cat guy are his second in commands. Yeah, the D.E.K.U. really took off..."
"W-what about you?" I asked, squeezing his hand a little. As he was about to answer, his phone rang, interrupting our conversation.