Chapter 24 - Starting a War

Pov Bakugou
With my hood covering most of my face, I slammed down the burner phone on the desk, shoving some cash towards the cashier. She had a confused and fearsome look in her eyes and I noticed her fingers lingering over the silent alarm button for a moment. Well, I do look like a thug, not gonna lie. Can't blame a woman for being scared, certainly not in this neighbourhood.

I quickly left, instantly unlocking the brick phone and dialing the right number.
"Yaoyorozu Momo" came from the other side.
"Can you talk?" I asked, hearing some shuffling and a door creak open and close.
"I'm alone" she answered.
"As for you children, they've safely landed on I-Island. The pilot of my private jet just informed me Melissa and Hatsume took them in, just like you wanted"

"Good" I breathed, relieved to know my brats are safe and out of reach from the hero federation. They're now with people I trust. Both Melissa and Hatsume design my support items and I go to the expo every year to see them. They actually make the items of everyone in my graduation class since we all got pretty close with everything that happened over the course of our high school career. I know Kota and Eri will be safe with them.

"Thank you Momo, I owe you one" I whispered. If I hadn't been able to use her private jet to fly to I-Island, it would've been reported to the federation immediately. Besides, there are no commercial planes flying there right now since the expo is still months away.
"It's no problem at all, you know that!" she smiled, always happy to be able to help someone in need.

"But, uhm, is it okay for me to ask why you send your children away? Or is it better that I don't know?"
I sighed. If I want to take down the hero federation, I'm gonna need allies. And a lot of them. I trust Yaomomo, right? She won't tell a single soul if I ask her not to.
"There are some people after me" I started, turning into an ally so nobody would hear me talk.
"They've threatened my brats so I just wanted to make sure they're safe before I take my next move"

"People? What people? Who is after you? Is it the union? Is it because you pissed them off?" she rambled in a panic, making me groan.
"Shut the hell up ponytail! Listen, what I'm about to tell you must remain between us at all cost, got it? At least for now anyway"
"Of course, I give you my word" she responded.

"Good... It was the hero federation. They've tricked me into going undercover at the D.E.K.U. and threatened to take away my custody over the kids if I refused them" I breathed, constantly looking around to make sure nobody was around.
"I think they've got secret camera's in my house and probably wired the whole agency or some shit. This was the only way for me to make sure they are safe. By sending them out of the country"

"T-the hero federation..? A-are you sure? They would never-"
"I'm sure ponytail" I hissed.
"Do you think I'd be taking this kind of drastic measures if I wasn't?!"
"N-no! No, of course not! I apologize!" she exclaimed.
"But taking away the custody of your children... They can't just do that without the necessary proof that you're irresponsible or abusive, right?"

"Is having a relationship with Izuku Midoriya enough reason for you?" I snapped.
"Bakugou!" she gasped.
"What?! I infiltrated the damn union the only way I knew how! By going straight for the head!" I hissed.
"They forced me into this and now they're using my tactics against me! They're way worse than the D.E.K.U., let me tell you that"

"Oh God... I-I can't believe this... That they'd really do such a thing..." Momo muttered in disbelieve.
"W-what are you going to do now?"
"I'm getting the union involved, making it a war between the D.E.K.U. and the federation. Meanwhile I'd like for you to discretely research if they've done this before and which heroes were involved. Think you can do that?"
There was a short silence, making me tense up. I couldn't loose her now, not now that she knew this much.