Chapter 38 - Heartbroken

A/N Things have to get worse before they can get better, but don't worry because Shinsou is too stubborn to die XD

Pov Aizawa
I instantly regrouped with the heroes at the scene once I arrived, making sure all citizens fled the area safely. They wanted to attack the D.E.K.U. now that they were at their weakest, but I stopped that.
"The union isn't our biggest concern right now. They've lost many and are retreating. The biggest issue is Shigaraki Tomura and Black-Out. They're still battling it out and causing major damage" I stated.

"Seems to me like Shiggy is retreating though"

My eyes widened at the voice and I turned around in an instant.
"What? You really expect me to sit still when you fly off somewhere? Please, I thought you knew me better than that Eraser" Toya scoffed, grinning none the less.
"Anyway, UA is mobilized and on their way. But I don't think that matters a lot anymore... Like you said, the D.E.K.U. is retreating with their injured. Shiggy is losing a lot of Nomu though, so he'll be out of here quickly. The only real problem I see right now is Black-Out, whose quirk has spiralled out of control now that he doesn't have a handle on his emotions. Losing your boyfriend like that isn't something people process easily, you know?"

I clenched my fists. Like it's easy for me to lose my nephew after I just reconnected with him! Damnit!
"Everything okay Shouta? Maybe you should sit this one out-" Toya started, looking at me with worry.
"No" I hissed, interrupting him.
"I might be the only one getting through to him right now... I'm staying"
"Suit yourself dude" Toya shrugged, looking back at the devastation before us.

I noticed his eyes trailed behind the shape of his brother, making sure he was alright even if he wasn't allowed to help him. I sighed, staring up at the sky, where thunderclouds were gathering. Lightning dominated the skies as far as the eye could reach. Was this really all Kaminari's doing..? Is this the true power behind his quirk? The electric charge he released hit buildings all around us, causing major power blackouts.

It didn't take long for the city to fall into darkness, Denki's figure still glowing a vibrant bright yellow as electricity gathered around him. His body will reach its limit soon... If he doesn't stop, he'll die. He wasn't thinking rationally anymore, firing off his quirk at random. Tomura isn't anywhere in sight anymore, neither is anyone of the union. It's just him...

"He's self-destructing, isn't he?" Toya asked out loud, half muttering to himself as he stared at the scene.
"Why would you say that?" I asked, startling him a little.
"Well, you see those cracks and all the light and stuff? Doesn't it remind you of Midoriya's self destruction of five years ago?" he asked, making me look closer. Denki was crying, tears streaming down his face, making the electricity conduct even better, like his golden support items weren't doing that already.

But Todoroki was right, small bright yellow cracks were appearing in his skin, just like those that we saw on Izuku years ago. His destruction was a quick one, this is a much slower process so it seems.
"We have to stop him before he destroys the city with him" I stated, jumping up towards the villain, not waiting for any reply.
"Kaminari! Stop this nonsense at once!" I yelled, getting his attention. He didn't answer, not with words. He instantly attacked me, almost killing me on sight. His eyes were dark and cold, he's not himself anymore... Yet he was still crying. His heart is broken...

"Hitoshi wouldn't have wanted this!" I shouted, seeing at least a little bit of a reaction from him at the name of his loved one.
"Stop before anyone else gets hurts!" I yelled, making my way towards him while avoiding the lightning strikes.
"Denki! Think about him! What would Hitoshi want you to do?!"
He clenched his fists, the storm calming down but only a little. The lightning stopped, but electricity was still cackling around him, his hair a bright and vibrant golden yellow.