Chapter 37 - Shigaraki's Surprise

Pov Midoriya
There was a party at the dorms later that day to celebrate everyone got there quirks back and 2-B was back to their original size. Well... We did held a minute of silence for Yaruki, whom I killed only a day after he was released back into the world. There was also a small table with a picture of him and a lit candle. Apparently it's been here the whole time ever since he died, but I barely ever come to the dorms so I didn't know about it up until now.

Returning their quirks now didn't really damage my research either, since I already had copies of all of them. Besides, it upped Kacchan's image and helped me look good with the teachers here, as well as Tokeru and Kato. They have calmed down a great deal since finding out I'm the Green Reaper. I'm actually surprised at how well they're handling the situation, I'm glad we're still friends.

But then again, they also know their big brother is working with me, even if they don't realise he's a full fledged member. It sets their minds at ease to know that there are pro heroes willing to trust me and the fact that UA has a deal with me to let me go to school. It gives them a false feeling of safety, a façade that tells them I'm actually not as evil or powerful as the media lets out. Jokes on you kids, I'm actually much worse~!

Anyway, the party was pretty fun! Everyone was having a good time while we all sang along to the songs as we danced together. I'm a terrible dancer, true, but that didn't matter right now. tonight was all about having fun and forgetting your worries! That was up until later that evening, when everything calmed down a little and people were turning on the tv in order to watch a movie. I glanced at the screen, instantly seeing the big bold letters BREAKING NEWS on top.

They were streaming a disaster, doing a report on some large scale villain attack. I frowned as I recognized the remains of the hero federation building. It came down as a whole, seemingly demolished at its foundations. Who attacked hero federation HQ? I'm sure it wasn't any of my guys... They closed in on the wreckage, showing pictures of the damaged structure and a simulation of how they think it came down.

My eyes widened. I only noticed my drink had slipped from my hand as the liquid spilled across the floor.
"So that's where you've been..." I choked out.
"Suzuki? Are you okay?" Tokeru asked, concerned, seeing as I spilled my drink. I blinked, no emotion showing on my face for a few seconds, before giving her a weak smile.
"Y-yeah... Yes, I'm fine, it's okay. I... I was just surprised, that's all" I chuckled, looking down at the floor.

"I'll go get a rag to clean this up"

Without waiting for her response, I made my way to the kitchen, grabbing some rag that was laying around and wetting some of it. My mind travelled to the images I just saw. That was definitely Tomura's work... So he really did survive the explosion 5 years ago... I'm surprised he managed to survive for that long, but then again he'd been taken prisoner by the hero federation. He probably fell under Sakura's rule or someone else that got fired with the cleaning up of their staff. He saw his chance to escape and he took it, always doing what he wanted without thinking of others...

How typical of you, Tenko.

"U-uhm, Suzuki..? I-I think you should see this" Kato spoke, leading my attention back to the living room. My eyes widened and I choked on my breath. This time the footage was live. My home was crumbling apart right before my very eyes... D.E.K.U. HQ, that was located mostly underground, was completely collapsing... I saw people run and scream in panic, helping each other escape the rubble. A giant ice shard appeared, holding up a part of the structure.

"Shoto..." I whispered, the name barely audible. The ice quickly shattered, making me flinch. Normally his ice never breaks that fast! What are you doing to my family, Shigaraki?! Water filled my eyes at the sight of their blood being spilled. My home is under attack and I'm not there to protect them! What kind of useless leader am I?! A tear shimmered in my eye, but I quickly wiped it away before anyone else noticed.