Chapter 32 - Press Conference

Pov Aizawa
I was drinking my morning coffee in the teachers lounge like every other day. Leaning onto Yamada, who had his arm wrapped around me, half listening to the rambling between Todoroki and Nemuri. Hawks was here too for some reason. I think he wants to talk to me and Toya about the secret war that's going on. Well, I guess it's not really that much of secret right now, but people still don't know the Reaper's motives and the federation hasn't reacted whatsoever.

Speaking about that, the news was silently playing in the background. It played every morning, but not a lot of us bothered watching unless it involved our lives somehow. Why should I care about another show off hero who thinks they're the best? Besides, they only appear good on screen because the media likes them. And I hate the media, the press, everything about it. They're gossip parasites who build you up just to throw you down. Those new heroes don't know what fate they have in store for them...

"Looks like the hero federation is finally giving a press conference" Cementos spoke, shutting everyone up in an instant. My eyes traile towards the screen, seeing a woman with a high ponytail and business suit standing up behind a mic while her colleagues sat down on the long table next to her. A typical setting, really.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming" she started with a small smile.
"As some of you may know, my name is Sakura, one of the big ten among the federation"
I frowned at the mention of her name. So this was the woman behind all this... I've read about her in the files Hitoshi and Toya give me. She was the one who threatened Bakugou and a lot of others into doing exactly what she wants. Hm, she really does look like some kind of witch now that I'm taking a closer look.

"I'm sure everyone knows what happened by now, but I'll repeat it just in case" she continued.
"A few nights ago, the Green Reaper created a massacre by killing over thrirty people within one night. All of them were members or former members of the hero federation and were killed in the same fashion. We don't take this threat lightly and will do anything necessary to stop the D.E.K.U. from advancing any further. They have declared war upon heroes and we are more than ready to face them. These losses won't be for nothing. We will avenge them and take down the union at all cost. That is now our number one priority"

"Mrs Sakura! Why hasn't the hero federation responded before?!"
"We were still mourning the loss of our fellow compagnions and coming up with a plan of action to take down the D.E.K.U." she answered.
"Mrs Sakura! Why didn't take the federation measures against the union before this?! Isn't it your job to assure the safety of the people?!" someone else yelled.

"I can assure you that the hero federation has been monitoring the D.E.K.U. actions and has intercepted a lot of their transactions, causing in major arrests. Yet the federation also has other matters to tend to. It was a mistake on our part not to give the union more attention, that will change from this point on"

"Does the hero federation want to comment on the disappearance of Japan's number one hero, Ground Zero, in this time of crisis?!" a woman yelled from the crowd. Hmm, how will she take this question, I wonder...
"Originally I wasn't planning on sharing this with you but... The public should know about it" she spoke with a heavy heart. I'm sure she's just acting and already hoped this question would pop up. Glancing aside, I could clearly see what Toya was thinking. Bitch.

"As you all know, the hero federation and Ground Zero have a close bond. At first we wanted regular check ups to make sure he wasn't tied to D.E.K.U. in any way since he sided with Midoriya Izuku in the battle of UA five years ago. As some of you may know, he was aware that Midoriya is the Green Reaper and had a romantic relationship with him"
"No fucking way..." Toya muttered out loud.
"That's just a new low..."

Nobody reacted to him as we all continued to listen.
"Lately we've been working closely together on the infiltration of the union and the investigation in the Green Reaper's return. Unfortunately, Midoriya was able to brainwash him yet again into falling in love with him. Ground Zero is no longer Japan's number one hero. He chose the side of villains and pulled his family into the dark side with him"