Chapter 22 - Sakura

Oh God, we're already halfway through the story... Things sure go fast lol

Pov Bakugou
The atmosphere between Kota and me was tense after he lashed out like that. Ashido had asked what happened, but I ignored her. We quickly left, going back home, where I mailed up my weekly report to the hero federation. I also checked the browser history on the computer, something I usually never did. But what Kota said got me thinking. He said something about wanting to be a Bakugou, which meant-

Ah, found it. He'd researched the adoption process and paperwork... Oh God, I-I can't believe it... He really did want me to adopt him..!
"What are you looking at dad?" Eri asked, peaking over at the pc screen.
"Nothing sweetie" I muttered, quickly closing the tabs. Eri Bakugou, she did take my name and I went through the whole struggle to adopt her. It was different.

She was being fostered by Aizawa, while I fostered Kota myself. Technically speaking, I'm still fostering him. Why did I never officially adopt him? I don't know... There was never a need to, I guess? I sighed, seeing Eri look at me with a confused gaze.
"What do you want for dinner Eri?" I asked, diverting the subject. After that I started cooking with the things that were still laying around in the fridge while Eri started drawing and colouring in the living room.

Kota had gone up to his room the moment we came home, which isn't all that shocking due to our argument earlier... I really should make up to him somehow, but it's better to leave him be for now. So I simply called him when dinner was ready, helping Eri fill her plate before taking my own share. I was already halfway done by the time Kota came downstairs and started eating in silence. The tension between us could be cut with a knife, that much is certain.

"Kota, please, I'm sorry" I said, earning no reaction whatsoever.
"About what you said earlier... Did you mean it?"
Ah, that last question got to him, I can tell. But he's stubborn and doesn't give in easily, trying to ignore me no matter what I say.
"I would love to adopt you Kota, you know that right? I'd love it if you were officially my son"

"Oh cut the crap! You're not good at this emotional bullshit Katsuki, we both know it. You may be an awesome hero, but you suck at being a dad"
With that he got up and left, leaving me flabbergasted and in pieces.
"Don't be sad dad! I like you!" Eri smiled, hugging me. I let out a forced laugh, hugging her as well.
"At least you're still here with me hm?" I hummed, trying to figure out where I went wrong. Ugh, parenting is so hard! I hate it!

I frowned as I heard my phone ring, answering without looking.
"Bakugou Katsuki, what the hell do you want?" I snapped.
"You've done well, Bakugou. We expected nothing else"
I froze up at the voice, instantly recognizing it as the woman at the head of my secret mission for the hero federation. Her name was Sakura, if I remember correctly...

"You infiltrated their ranks in record time and gave us a lot of valuable information. Keep up the good work"
"Wait, hold up, I did what you asked. I confirmed the Green Reaper is alive. Wasn't it supposed to end here?"
"Oh no dear, we're just getting started" she laughed.
"Your inside connection to the union is of great value to the federation. We don't care how you did it but you're staying undercover until we get to the bottom of this. Your new mission is to destroy the D.E.K.U. from the inside out"

I bit my lip, mentally cursing the federation for being such a pain in the ass.
"And if I refuse?" I asked.
"Then the whole world will know who's cock you sucked to get this intel" she grinned, making my eyes widen.
"You really think we don't know Bakugou? Do you really think we're that clueless?" she continued.
"I did tell you we knew how close the two of you were, didn't I? You want me to send the pictures of you cuddling and kissing?"

I slowly pushed Eri away, standing up as I glared around the room. There is no way she or anyone else could've found out unless there were some hidden camera's here I don't know about.
"You've got such lovely kids Bakugou, would be a shame if you lost custody due to your imprissonment" Sakura laughed as I continued to look for a hidden camera.