Chapter 25 - I Promise

Pov Midoriya
"A-and so I came here..." Bakugou finished, looking down into his bowl of katsudon while poking it with his chopsticks. I'd listened carefully to the reason of his sudden disappearance, now seething with anger towards that damn hero federation. Who do they think they are?! Threatening my Kacchan like that!

"You realise that you're asking me to start a war, right? Taking down the hero federation won't be an easy task and even if we succeed the world will plummet into chaos"
He stayed silent, not even looking up at me. I pouted, pulling his chin up so our eyes met.
"I understand you want to be a hero Kacchan... But that's not how you can win this thing"

"I know" he sighed, leaning back so my hand left his face.
"I-I... I'm willing t-to do whatever it t-takes, okay? If that makes me a-a villain, so be it. Nobody messes with my family"
Determination filled his eyes, making me give him a weak smile.
"I'm happy to hear it! Though you can't hide out here forever, you realise that right?"
"Ugh, I know... Yaomomo said they're already looking for me" he groaned, rubbing his face as he leaned onto the table.

"Yeah, they want Eri to try and fix the quirks of my classmates" I chuckled.
"So there's absolutely no rush whatsoever! I mean, I even killed one of them today so-"
"You what?" he hissed, staring at me with big eyes.
"He was a bully and hated on me for being quirkless!" I pouted.
"Besides, nobody found his body for as far as I know and I didn't get exposed"

It was silent for a while as I glanced down between my empty bowl and his full bowl. He didn't eat a single thing and I know for a fact he probably didn't eat at all today either. I'm gonna force feed him if he keeps this up.
"I should be used to you killing people by now, shouldn't I?" he sighed, leaning back into the chair. I frowned at him as he stood up, ready to leave the table.

"Where do you think you're going? Finish your meal" I stated, pointing at the katsudon.
"Thanks for taking care of me, really" he sighed, giving me a small smile.
"But right now I just want to sleep and forget about everything for a moment..."
My eyes followed him as he walked away in the direction of my bedroom

Soon I heard the blankets ruffle and shuffle, notifying me he'd gone to bed. I sighed, taking the full bowl of katsudon and placing it in the fridge. I don't want to see Kacchan like this... He's stressed out and emotionally unstable, unable to get a grip on his life. It must be hard to send your family out of the country for safe keeping... Let alone his crazy plan of taking down the hero federation...

He says he wants to go all out, but I know that's not true. Because when this is all over, no matter how this war may end, his family life could be in ruins. If he submits to become a villain and word got out... I bit my lip, clenching my fists. He'd never forgive himself for choosing the greater good over his family, that's not the kind of person he is. He'd blame himself day in, day out for letting something like that happen. For abandoning those he loves the most...

No, I needed to avoid that future at all cost. No matter what, I need to keep Kacchan as far away from the action as possible, even though he's a stubborn little hot head that wants to be on the front line no matter what. I sighed, peeking into my bedroom to see him cuddled up in a pile of pillows and blankets. I saw his frame shake a little, hearing muffled sobs coming from the usually angry blonde.

Oh Kacchan...

I frowned, crawling under the blankets with him. He instantly pulled me in close, hugging me as he cried silently. Everyone has a breaking point...
"It'll be okay Kacchan, I promise" I whispered while rubbing his back.
"I will do whatever it takes to take them down and keep you and your family safe"
"Don't you dare die on me nerd! Not again!" he hissed, ugly tears covering his face.