Chapter 11 - Aizawa

Pov Todoroki
I was grading tests and drinking coffee in the teacher's lounge while listening in on some gossip. Nemuri was sitting next to me, chatting with our fellow teachers about the students.
"Say Toya, how is your Bun Bun doing eh?" she laughed, elbowing me in the side. I rolled my eyes, taking a sip from my cup before smiling at her.

"Things are going well, if I do say so myself. You can even ask Shouta, he watched a training exercise"
"Did he now..?" Midnight mused as everyone's gaze travelled from me towards the cat-loving erasure hero. He didn't have his scarf on and his hair was put in a pony tail. He looked up from his paperwork with a bored expression, obviously not wanting to get involved.

"He's...not the worst I've seen" he commented.
"Oh my... Such a compliment!" Midnight exclaimed, making me snort.
"He's more than that Shouta, come on!"
"Fine... Not bad, that better?" he groaned, not looking up from his paperwork,
"Much better, thank you" I grinned.

Our conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door and the squeaking of the hinges. Hmm, speak of the devil...
"U-uhm... M-mister Todoroki sensei, sir? C-could I talk to you?" he asked shyly. Suzuki Itsuki... Or dare I say Midoriya Izuku? Why does he wanna talk to me all of the sudden?
"Sure thing kid" I sighed, standing up and walking outside the room with him.

"So? What's the matter?"
"What's the matter? What's the matter with you?!" he hissed, keeping his voice down, glaring at me.
"Why did I had to hear it from Denki and Hitoshi that you're slowly killing yourself Toya?! What's your fucking problem?! Do you realise just how much trouble I went through to protect you and your damn family?!"
"Geez, calm the fuck down" I groaned.

"It's my decision, okay? It has nothing to do with your efforts, which I'm very grateful for by the way. I finally found something I like to do so I'm not giving up on it. Simple as that"
"So what? You're going to go jump around and play hero until your body turns to ash?" Midoriya stated.
"Pretty much, yeah" I shrugged.
"Besides, mustn't we both atone for our sins? You already died for yours, now it's just my turn"

"I won't let you"

"Oh?"

"I'll find a way to fix your quirk, even if I need to force it on you" he spoke, making my eyes widen. Fix my quirk..? You're a mistake! I shook my head. Malfunction. No! I won't accept it! I won't become the person my father always wanted me to be! I am my own hero!
"And how are you planning to do that?" I asked, trying to block out the thoughts of my old man. Banish them to the back of my mind, lock it away forever.

"We both know I'm a master at manipulating quirks, as was my father in a way" he smirked.
"I'll find a way, just you see~"
"Alright, what about this-" I stated.
"If you find a so called cure, I'll join the union and you can use me however you like. But if you fail, I want you to turn yourself in and let the D.E.K.U. be broken down by the hero federation"
"That's an awfully one sided bet, wouldn't you say?" Izuku asked.

"Maybe... As long as this bet stands, I want you to stop handing information over to the federation or talk about it with anyone. We both know you are the reason they know I'm alive~"
"Hmm... It'll be harder to visit Shoto if I don't bring anything back..." I muttered out loud, thinking over my options. Was he really willing to risk the union for this? Is he that confident he can do it? I thought that would throw him off my tail and get him to back off but it seems he just got more fired up...

"Do we have a deal, Todoroki Toya?" he asked, stretching out his hand, waiting for me to shake it. I hesitated for a moment, lost thoughts lingering in the air.
"That we have, Midoriya Izuku" I grinned, shaking his hand.
"Don't say my name like that asshole. Someone could hear" he hissed, pulling his hand away. It only made me laugh though.