Chapter 41 - Attack

Pov Midoriya
It was weird, seeing all those tubes connected to him, his body floating in preservation fluid as his wounds slowly healed. A combination of the clone revival technique and Eri's quirk, which Kacchan still doesn't know I stole. He'd be pissed if he were to find out I took her hairbrush after our first sleepover to research her DNA. Well, it did cure Toya and right now it's doing an amazing job on Hitoshi!

Maybe I should infiltrate it into my own system as well..? Hmm, no, no that wouldn't work. My version of One For All in combination with my quirk wouldn't be compatible. They'd probably sniff each other out. Since I was born quirkless, rewind would probably revert everything I went through to get this power. I don't want that going to waste!

"You were right about combining these methods... It's shocking to see it progress so quickly" Shoto spoke from next to me, also staring at the tank in front of us.
"To think it took over 2 years for us to create a suitable vessel for your mind, which wasn't even a finished body, just nerves and arteries flowing to loose organs"

"You don't have to walk me through my construction process Ace. I'm better off not thinking about it" I sighed. Nobody could tell, but I was still having trouble with the fact I'm a clone. Knowing my body died... Knowing that I died... That I was recreated in some lab afterwards... It's weird to think about, so I avoid the topic as much as possible. I try to live life to the fullest, to enjoy every moment I've got. But even then...

Well, it's not that I'm not used to this body yet. It feels like my own now that I've been using it for so long. But it isn't, is it? I sighed, glancing aside at the monitors and my people checking up on everything to make sure things were running smoothly. I turned around, walking up to the monitor corner to find Kami talking to his old classmates and friends.

It as a surprise for me to find out Kacchan would be here today. I really didn't want to cause any trouble for him... But this facility had all the equipement I needed and enough room for this branch of the D.E.K.U. to hide away in. Hijacking it was a given, really. Shinsou couldn't wait another day until the blonde was gone, his life needed to be saved right now.

And even though he's already technically dead, there is no time to waste. The longer he goes untreated, the more healthy cells die off and the longer it takes for his revival to be completed. It was a good thing I studied my dad's quirks all those years back... They, together with the DNA from Twice, formed the basics of what we're doing here right now, of what was done to me to bring me back... His life prolonging quirks that almost made him immortal sure were something else.

I smiled a little as I watched Kacchan trying to talk sense into Denki, as if the Pikachu would listen to anyone in his current state. It took a lot of work to just make him do this, knowing he was the best person for the job. He could just stun everyone and make sure they weren't able to escape on a non-lethal manner. It's also why I didn't tell him anything about reviving Hitoshi... He would want to be by his side every step of the way and refuse to leave me to do my job. Besides, if this were to fail... I don't think his heart will be able to take such a hit after what happened...

"Uhm, boss..? I think we might have a problem..." Shoto said slowly, making me frown and turn around. He handed me a tablet with the outside camera footage of this place, something we hacked into so we could slip in unannounced. My eyes widened as I saw what he meant and I instantly handed the device back to him.

Fuck

Pov Bakugou
Keeping dunce face entertained was our number one priority right now. That way he'd be too distracted to notice some of the heroes slipping the hero federation members out of here, to a safer location. Normally that wouldn't really be a problem, seeing as he has the attention span of a fly. But right now his usual happy idiocy seemed to abandon him and he became this serious person none of us knew he had in him. Was this really all the effect of Shinsou dying..?