Chapter 31 - Videocall

Pov Bakugou
I've imagined what it would be like to see Izuku in action. I've thought about it quiet a lot, actually. Ever since seeing him fight his father five years ago... It was such a spectacular battle, one that could be seen from miles away. It would be foolish to think that every battle would be like that, so I didn't. Yet I wanted to see him in action in a regular fight.

Not against some flashy super villain that threatens to destroy the world or some bullshit like that. I must say, the Green Reaper does not disappoint. He deals with his opponents swiftly and almost graceful. Like a skilled dancer that preforms a perfectly practiced routine. In the end, he only ever has a scratch at most.

After he finished killing his target, he always turned around to face me with a bright smile, as if wanting to show me his innocence even after what I just witnessed. He could've been an awesome hero if he wanted, but then again he did kill All Might to get this quirk...

I sighed, leaning onto his messy green curls as I held onto him while Purrcy jumped from roof to roof, bringing us back to the base.
"Something wrong Kacchan?" Deku asked, leaning back against my chest and looking up at me with those shining green orbs.
"Was it the killing? Or maybe our visit to Sakura?"

"No, it's fine" I muttered, holding him closer to me.
"Thanks for letting me tag along, it helped me put my mind off things"
"No problem" he smiled, looking back ahead at the way in font of us. Yeah, it was nice to go outside again after being locked away underground... But I still miss my brats. I just want this stupid war or whatever to be over already!

"You don't think I'm a monster now, right?" Izuku asked in a quiet voice, pulling me out of thought.
"Now that you've seen me kill... You don't think any differently of me, r-right? I-I love you Kacchan"
"I love you too" I muttered, feeling his body relax a little bit. Is that the reason he didn't want to take me along at first? Was he scared I wouldn't love him anymore?

Tch, stupid nerd... I've accepted his villain life five years ago and waited all that time to have him in my arms again. He's fucking dumb if he thinks I'm letting him go. No, at this point he's stuck with me, whether he wants it or not!

When we arrived back at the base, Izuku got ready for bed.
"Aren't you gonna sleep with me Kacchan?" he pouted as he realised I wasn't getting ready at all.
"I want to do something else first... You go to bed already, you've gotta go to school tomorrow you know?"
He rolled his eyes, giving me a kiss on the cheek before walking off to his bedroom.

I, on the other hand, made my way to the technical department of HQ. I barged in, not caring if I startled them or not.
"Oi nerds! Get me a secured line I can videochat on!" I hissed, glaring at the extra's that were scattered around the area.
"R-right away sir!"

People started moving an a little woman guided me to a private and secured pc in the back of the room. She instantly hurried off once I set down and started logging in. It's the middle of the night around these parts, which means it should be afternoon on I-Island. Ugh, I just hope I don't start crying the moment I see their faces...

After taking a deep breath, I started calling, hoping they'd react.
"Bakugou?" Mei asked confused, her face covered in streaks of ash and her hair an absolute mess. The room seemed in a state similar to hers, which didn't really surprise me all that much.
"Hatsume" I reacted, tilting my head as if that would give me a better look as to what was going on behind her.

"What the hell happened to the lab?"
"Oh! One of my babies doesn't seem to like temperatures above 0!" she exclaimed with a nervous grin while rubbing the back of her head.
"Now I have to remodel and build my baby all over again... But nobody died so I guess it could be worse?"
"Tch..."