Chapter 46b

With Chapter 46 being part of Phana and Wayo

[Author's Note: Let's get back to some good stuff...]

Kit's POV

I didn't want to stop reading but I also couldn't concentrate.

I knew Beam was catching up on the case studies we'd done while he was off with Forth doing god-knows-what and Ming had a CAT and wouldn't be done for a while yet. I wasn't really worried about Phana, he had a way of solving his problems and when it was dealing with the love of his life, he would probably tear down that entire mansion before he gave up on Wayo.

Which left me at loose ends. It was not a good feeling. I had become dependent on other people's company. Then again, when wasn't I surrounded? At home my parents and siblings were around all the time. In school I was with Phana and Beam and Pring most of the time. And whichever students needed extra tutoring and were willing to put up with Phana's way of going over the subject material (because he treated everyone like he thought they were smarter and was impatient when they failed to live up to his standards). Sometimes Forth would join us if we were having a drink and some of his engineering buddies as well.

But the real truth was...it wasn't that I spent a lot of time with them that was the problem. It is that it had taken me no time at all to get used to having Ming around and now that he wasn't, I felt like I was rudderless.

Can you stop being so dramatic. I admonished myself. It wasn't the end of the world to miss my boyfriend. Then my phone beeped with a Line Message from the very man I was thinking about and I smiled at the two lines: "Done with the CAT 😿 Do you want to have dinner with me?"

I liked that he asked me out. That he went out of his way to say it even when it wasn't necessary. We could eat take out together right here and it would be fine with him. Sometimes I thought it was an act but I'd come to realize that his consistency was real. If I doubted him, all I had to do was look at his relationship with Wayo to see how well he cared for his friend. Or with Forth to know how he treated his seniors. He wasn't playing with me and I wasn't playing with him.

When Ming finally showed up he had changed out of his uniform and was wearing a pair of light coloured shorts and a dark t-shirt. He looked very nice but very casual. I realized that I had spent so much time ruminating my current predicament that I hadn't changed out of my uniform.

"Let me change and we can go get something to eat." I said quickly as I moved to the wardrobe to grab a t-shirt and shorts.

"Do you need any help?" Ming asked slyly and winked at me when I happened to look in his direction.

My rude response was on the tip of my tongue. I was ready to tell him to go to hell. But for some reason I didn't. It took me a while to answer and when I looked up at him he was looking at me with a frown on his face. "How exactly would you help me?"

I had never seen him look at me like that. His eyes were wide. I could see his Adam's apple bob in his throat when he swallowed convulsively. Then he walked up to me. "It makes sense...if you take off what you are wearing first..."

His hands were on my cheeks. His face so close to mine, I could feel his hot breath mingling with mine. He kissed me gently and I kissed him back. But then he pulled away. I felt his hands as they left my face, moved down my neck, intentionally staying inside my collar. Then he unbuttoned my shirt slowly. I could feel the heat of his hands radiating onto my skin. I wanted to say something or do something but I ended up just watching him. Until his downward movement was stopped by my pants and he either had to untuck my shirt or open the belt buckle and fly to gain access.