Chapter 54 - Ghost chapter

[Author's note: This is not a love scene per sa but I thought I'd show what it looked like when Kit was taking care of his boyfriend. I love the idea of seeing the tables turned.]

Kit's POV

When Pha reminded me of the photo shoot, I didn't think much of it. But for some reason the voting process brought out all of Ming's admirers and I found myself glaring at more than one overzealous fan. We'd be doing nothing in particular when someone would come up and shout, "Su sun na!"

Ming didn't help. He was so polite to everyone. The consummate Campus Moon doing his duty as an ambassador for the school. I wanted to strangle him.

It was even worse because he was getting as much attention from the men as the women. Montri and the Fairy Angels Gang were particularly vocal of their appreciation of my boyfriend. They were particularly vocal about their appreciation of all handsome men. But for some reason with everything else going on I just wanted to smack all of them and tell them to stay away from my man.

Really, what have I become that I want to go around smacking a bunch of girls making eyes at Ming? I wondered to myself.

But as the likes on Facebook mounted I realized it was only matter of time before everyone was gawking at my boyfriend. Because I knew the plan was to have him feature in all the university publications and promotional material. The last thing I wanted was to see a 20 foot banner with my Ming everywhere.

I had to do something but I wasn't sure what. It all fell into place when the announcement was made that Ming was the winner of the promotion spot. Like there was any other outcome possible? Just because I, like Ai'Pha, had been hoping for a different outcome didn't mean that Ming had received his position as Campus Moon by mistake.

He was the best.

But I was not about to share him with anyone else.

They fruit vendor caught my eye when I was on the way to congratulate Ming and I remembered something from one of our classes about the effects of papaya on the stomach. I asked the vendor to prepare three papayas for me. Peeling and cubing them so they were easy to eat. Then I headed to Ming's room.

He was putting away some of his books when I arrived. He had a notebook open on the desk and looked a bit tired. The woes of Engineering. The rest of us were allowed to complain about our course but Engineers were a special breed. They learned to take it all in a stride even when their work load was as heavy as ours.

Not to mention all the extracurricular activities and faculty required activities. I didn't even want to think about the sanctioned and unsanctioned fights between departments. They were crazy. So what did it say about Beam and I who had wilfully chosen to date these crazy Engineers?

Crazy doctor gang...maybe P'Pha was the sanest of us all.

"Hey there." I said to Ming putting the container of dice papaya on the one free spot on his desk. "I brought you those."

"What's this for?" He asked looking confused.

"The most handsome boyfriend in the world." I said to distract him from my nervousness.

"Are you only just realizing this?" He asked opening the container and using the toothpick stuck in the pieces at the top to toss one and then another into his mouth. "This are sweet...but not as sweet as my KitKat."

Ming came up to me and gave me a kiss. It was sweet. Just like the papaya and I licked my lips when he finally stepped away. "Tasty."

"If this is how you treat me for being the most handsome boyfriend...," he said grabbing me in one hand and the container in the other and drawing us to the bed, "...how comes this is the first time I'm seeing this side of you?"

"Aish...Ming...all I did was bring you some papaya and now you want me to inflate your head?"

"Auu...P'Kit...just be nice. I like seeing this side of you."

It was like dying from a sweetness overload. He was too much. But even though I was up to no good, I was enjoying being with him. I was surprised when he excused himself to try and finish his assignment. But I refused to go. Just the same way he never let me have a moment of peace when I was reading, I sat next to him as he worked on his assignment and kept touching him. The whole time he kept eating more and more of the papaya.

The first hint I had that they were working was when his stomach growled loudly and he looked up in embarrassment.

"I think maybe I've eaten too much of this." He said sheepishly.

It didn't take long after that for him to make his first trip to the bathroom. When he came back to sit on the bed, I pulled away his assignment and reference materials and allowed him to lie down on my lap as I gently brushed his hair with my fingers. The trips to the toilet were regular for the next few hours and I did what I could to sooth him. I got him some porridge, water and juice to try and balance his electrolytes. I even added a banana and an apple but he was done with fruit.

I didn't get him an anti-diarrheal drug because I knew what had caused his problem but I told him he was going to be fine as long as he kept hydrated and rest. He slept fitfully and I felt so guilty for what I had done but the next morning he was in no state to go for the photo shoot.

When I told him that he had missed he looked at me like I was speaking Greek, "I totally forgot about that." He said shamefacedly from his position against my chest.

"Then you'll be happy to know Ai'Pha and Nong'Yo are going to be covering for you for the rest of the year."

"The year?"

"Yeah...the campaign was for the promotional material for the university for the entire academic year."

"Then it's a good thing I was sick." He said mildly. "That way you won't have to share me with the rest of the world."

I was totally busted.

When he rubbed his nose against my chest and wrapped his arms around me, I knew he was onto me. But I was never going to ask how he'd figured me out. I was just glad that he understood that I too could be possessive. I wasn't going to share him and he might as well get used to it.