10- Here for the eggs

I woke up the next morning still in just a towel and nestled under Daryl's arm. I opened my eyes to see Daryl still asleep still in only a towel next to me. My head felt like it was being stomped on by an elephant. I looked up at the empty liquor bottle on the table in front of us and that was all it took.

I bolted to the bathroom and had my head in the toilet before I could barely get the lid open. I released every ounce of food I had ate in the past month. Most of which was from last night. Just when I thought I was done my body lurched forward heaving again.

I heard light footsteps on the tile and turned to see Daryl who was kneeling down beside me to pull my long wild hair back as I heaved again even though nothing was coming up. I swiped my mouth with the back of my hand flushing the toilet with the other.

"Thought you weren't gonna hold my hair back." I rasped out with a smirk.

"Yeah, well I lied." He retorted pulling me up to my feet.

"I will never drink again in my life if it will just stop" I whispered.

His loud laugh echoed off the cold tile of the large bathroom. I shushed him with my head in my hands. This was agony.

I went to my bag and started rummaging through for my toothbrush and some semi clean clothes. I opted for another shower because why the hell not? It felt good to feel clean and it certainly helped with the hangover.

Strolling into the cafeteria T-Dog was chipper as a bird cooking some eggs. Glenn lay with his head flat on the table. Lori was munching on what looked like dry toast and Carl had dove face first into a bowl of sugary cereal.

"Eggs Fallon? They're powdered but I do 'em good!" T-Dog screamed or it sounded like he was screaming as I poured myself a hot cup of coffee holding out an empty plate to him.

I sat down at the big metal table across from Glenn sticking my hands in my jacket pockets wanting to just curl into myself. Glenn looked up locking eyes with me.

"Don't you ever let me drink again." He croaked.

"Same." I croaked back laying my face against the cold metal of the table closing my eyes listening to Dale ramble about something.

I sat up a little later to take a sip of my hot coffee. The minute it entered my blood stream I felt a little less nauseous. It was black and bitter but so good.

"Ahh the things you miss." I sighed to Rick as he walked in catching me mid-coffee orgasm. He smiled a genuine smile.

"Are you hungover?" Carl asked his dad. "Mom said you would be hungover" he continued.

"Mom is right. She has that a habit of doing that." Rick chuckled smiling at his wife. Who barely returned a smile.

Rick looked up at Shane smiling before noticing the scratch marks on his neck that I had noticed the moment I sat down. I would know the marks of an aggressor anywhere. I was just curious who his victim was that fought back.

"The hell happened to your neck?" He asked trying to get closer to get a better look.

"Must of done it in my sleep." Shane said solumnly.

"Never seen you do that before." Rick raised and eyebrow.

"Nope, me neither, not like me at all." He said glancing at Lori.

Oh man this is awkward I thought sipping my steaming coffee and sticking a fork full of eggs in my mouth in an effort to relieve the throbbing in my head and mind my own business.

T-Dog was right, he could cook some eggs. They were delicious.

I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder. I turned with my mouth full of food to see Daryl sitting in the chair beside me with damp hair. He must have decided to take a shower too since we didn't get much cleaning done in the shower last night.