Part 7 : Lovers On The Bus

2 days has passed after their Singapore honeymoon.

Now, the couple are on their way to Tharn's mother's hometown, Chiangrai City, by bus. Chiang Rai is a city in northern Thailand, in the mountainous province of the same name. They city is near the borders of Laos and Myanmar (formerly Burma).

Tharn wanted to travel by plane but Type preferred by bus. It takes 12 hours and more by bus while it takes only less an hour by plane.

"Why bus? That's tiring" Tharn asked few hours ago while packing their baggages.

"I'd rather stay longer with you than staying with your family" Type answered.

Tharn smiled. What a sweet words from his cute husband, and at the same time rude. How could Type hate family in-law gatherings.

Even when they were still boyfriends, Type didn't like to have dinner with Tharn's family. Even during Tharn's birthdays, he seldom joined family dinner.

Type prefers only two of them celebrating their special days.

Tharn is the opposite of Type in terms of this. Tharn loves to be with his in-laws. He feels comfortable with them.

"Baby, my family is your family also now, remember?"

"I'm not used to it hon."

"You'll get used to."

"Maybe."

They have their own cars. But travelling for more than 12 hours is exhausting. So riding on a coach, from Bangkok to Chiangrai is better.

"Spending more time with me on our way? Just like this?" Tharn put his head on Type's right shoulder and hold his hand.

Type looked at his husband's face and nodded.

The lady assistant of the coach passed by and gave them snacks. Her warm smile is telling she likes what she's seeing now: two handsome guys cuddling on a bus.

Type sit straight that made Tharn startled. Type feels shy to the lady.

Type opened the Lays and started eating. He got some, "Hmmm" Type is trying to put the chips on Tharn's mouth.

Tharn took it. He chewed it smilingly.

Type offered again. Tharn open his mouth. Type's feeding his husband like a kid. Sweet husband!

"Enough," Tharn said. He opened the bottled water and drank it. Then he offered it to Type.

"What time is it?" Type asked. He yawned. He's sleepy.

"It's 7 past 10 now," Tharn answered, "here baby, you sleep."

Type closed his eyes. Tharn closed his eyes too. Their heads tilted each other and holding hands.