Part 71: The Favor

Tong came in the faculty room with three plastic glasses of drinks. Tong put on the cold coffee on Tharn's table first, then went to Bob's table to put the orange juice on his table.

"Thank you Tong" Bob said.

The conversation about the love triangle of Gun, Rome, and Bob has stopped because of Tong's presence.

Silence.

"Something wrong?" Tong asked. He feels strange.

Bob and Tharn looked at each other and smiled.

"We're quiet even before you came, Thong" Bob lied.

Tong sat on his chair.

"I'm going now to my first class" Bob stood up.

"Me too" Tharn stood up and pick up his laptop. "Thanks to this coffee Tong."

The two guys left Tong.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll prove to you who Gun loves more. Me or Rome?" Bob confidently said. They were inside the elevators.

"There's no need to do that P Bob. He will surely pick you. But I'm asking you, please do not to ruin their marriage" Tharn pleaded.

Bob pressed floor 11. He supposed to go out when they reached floor 3 of the building.

"I'm doing this to save Gun. He is not happy. He is trapped with the marriage he doesn't deserve. You and Type's marriage is not the same as theirs."

The elevator opened. They reached floor 7. Tharn is about to step out from the elevator but Bob pulled him back, and pressed the close sign button of the elevator.

"I'm late now in my class, P Bob. Let's continue talking this matter again later."

"I want it now. Please understand me. I am not only your superior. I am also your friend. You need to listen to me now. Please."

Tharn nodded his head.

"You got my point, right? If you are not happy with your marriage, are you going to dwell with it forever? It just happened that you and Type mutually love each other."

Tharn cannot say a word.

"Tharn, tonight, help me. I want you to do a favor. I called Gun yesterday... He's going to see me tonight. In our favorite bar. Then we will go together in my condo afterwards, ... make love. I want you and Type go to that bar tonight. Bring with you Rome" Bob seriously requested Tharn.

"What?" Tharn was shocked.

The elevator reached floor 11. After it opened, Bob pressed close button and pressed number 1.

"Bring with you Rome. I want Rome to catch us. I want Gun to choose between me or Rome. If he's going to choose me in front of his husband, then Rome will be freed. But if Gun is going to choose his husband, I will let them go. I won't bother them anymore." Bob is pleading.

Bob was a graduate of BS Psychology before he graduated Bachelor of Music Program majoring in Music Technology so he is also expert in human minds.

Tharn understood what Bob wants. But he is hesitant of his idea.

"I can't do it P Bob" he declined Bob's request.

"If you are concerned with Rome, then this way can save him from a wrong marriage. Just like you, he is still young, he can still save himself. You can actually save tge three of us. This is not destroying their marriage. It is saving our own lives."

The elevator opened at floor 1. Tharn pressed number 7. "I have to think this first P Bob. I wanna ask Type first. I can't decide by myself."

"Please convince Type to do this. Please."

The door opens at floor 7.

Tharn stepped out and before he walked away he said, "I have to think it P Bob. I hope you understand me."

Bob stepped out from the elevator and pulled Tharn's arm softly, "11.30 at Otsu Bar. Be there."

------------------------------------------------------------------

His mobile phone rings. Type picked up his phone. "Ba....by!"

"Baby, are you free now?" Tharn asked. He knows Type usually goes out from work every Tuesday after 8 p.m.

Type looked at Earth who is glancing at him. Earth gave him a smile.

Type uttered the endearment "Baby" that's why Earth smiled.

"Hon, I'm not busy. Why are you calling me now? Did I tell you to go home straight after your classes? Today is Tuesday" he whispered.

"We need to talk something later so I won't go home straight. I'm gonna pick you up, ok?"

Type smiled. "Why? Why can't we talk that at home?"

"It's different" he heard his husband hesitantly saying it.

"What is it? Different?" Type eyebrows almost met. He stood up.

"Very different that I can't say it now and I can't say it at home."

Type laughs. It made Earth looked up at him.

He went out of the office and said, "Baby, tell me now. What is it huh?"

"I'm driving now. I find talking about it absurd. And I'm sure you'll find it odd too. It's better to say it to you face to face."

"Baby, you make me feel nervous... Is that good news or bad news or what?"

"Baby... you know me right? I'm serious. Just wait for me there. I love you!" Tharn hung up his phone.

Dos saw him shaking his head. His nosy best friend walked toward him.

"What is the matter, boss?" Dos asked him.

"Go back to work, mueang!" Type whispered.

"I saw you smiling? What is it huh?"

"It's our business ok?"

"Ah couple's business! I need to get mine soon so I won't mind other's business soon" Dos frowned at Type and turned back.

Type pulled Dos' hand and teased him, "Your soon to be husband is in the office. Go this way!" he whispered.

Type dragged Dos to their office. Earth was startled.

"Ohh Dos, are we going out for a coffee break?" Earth looked at his wristwatch.

"Ah yes!" He stood straight like a kindergarten boy.

Earth showed his half-empty cold coffee drinks, "I'm not finished with this yet, mueang!"

"Ah mine too. My coffee is not yet touched, boss!" Dos said. He is shaking.

"Why are you calling me boss huh?, " Earth laughed. "Our real boss here is Type!"

"You are soon to be his ..." Type almost said the word "husband". He likes Dos' childlike reaction so he is teasing his friend.

"Boss! Soon to be boss!" Dos exclaimed then covered his mouth. He hit Type's arm.

"Why won't you get your coffee and drink it here huh?" Type said.

Dos was surprised of what Type has said. He gave Type a wide eyes look.

"I'm your boss. Do what I command. Go get your drinks and sit here" Type offered a seat.

"Ok boss, I'll be right back!" Dos hurriedly turned back smiling. He likes what Type wants him to do.

------------------to be continued-------------------------