Part 44: The Offer

Almost 5:00 P.M. The couple should leave Pattaya now for they have to go to work tomorrow. They looked so sad while on the car returning Boom to the nanny.

"We should wait for Tee, hon?" Type requested to Tharn.

"That's what I suggest?" Tharn nodded.

The nanny was not around when they got to Tee's room.

Tharn put Boom down on the very old sofa. Boom's face looks wondering. His eyes started to be sad. He felt this very fatherly-loving couple would soon leave him. He hugged Tharn tightly. His head glued to Tharn's chest.

Type touched the kid's head. "Look at you. You are going to miss us and we are going to miss you as well."

The kid seemed understand what Type has just said. He wanted to be carried by Type. Type got him and carried him. Then they sat on the sofa. Boom sat on Type's lap and glued his face to Type's chest.

Type felt sad. He felt the sadness of the little boy. He caressed his back and said, "we are coming back soon. Be a good boy, ok?"

The little boy didn't move. He just hugged Type so tight.

Tharn looked at his husband and the kid. He smiled. Type, he thought, can be a good father.

The nanny came. Her eyes wide opened, she said, "Oh you're here already. You can leave now." She was amazed by the things the couple bought for Boom.

"We are going to wait for Tee." Type in a strong tone. He looked at his wristwatch.

Boom looked scared when he saw the old woman. Tharn saw the kid's reaction.

"Do you treat Boom properly? He looks scared whenever you approach him?" Tharn gave the woman a suspicious look.

"No... No... He likes me. And I like him. I treat him like my own child." The woman lied. The truth is she maltreats Boom whenever Tee is not around. He is only after the money.

"You can go home now. We will tell Tee we asked you to leave." Type said.

"Where's my salary today? I have to wait for him?" The greedy woman said.

"Didn't we give you already 500 Baht a while ago? You are so forgetful." Type looks furious.

The woman was embarassed. She left hurriedly.

"I have the feeling that woman is not taking care of Boom properly." Tharn said.

"Yes. We have to wait for Tee. He must know what's going on with his son." Type flipped Boom's hair who already fall asleep.

Tharn laid a foam on the floor. He took the small pillow and help Type lie Boom on the foam.

"He was tired. What a pity little creature." Type said. His eyes are so sad gently caressing Boom's forehead.

Tharn looked around the small room and found a very old stand fan. He turned it on to make the room in proper ventilation.

Since it's over 6:00 P.M. already, there are mosquitos biting them. Type found a very old mosquito net. "Look at this hon. He can't even afford buying a mosquito net for them."

"Boom needs a home, a real home. He will get sick in this environment." Tharn said. He feels pity to the child.

Finally, Tee came. He was surprised to see the couple waiting for him. He was even surprised to see there are lots of grocery items and clothes for his son.

"We asked the nanny to go home so we took care of him while waiting for you." Tharn said to Tee.

"And don't worry about the woman's salary today. We gave her already." Type said.

Tee hid his teary eyes. "Thank you so much for taking care of my son today." He saw Boom sleeping with mosquito net properly pinned on the corners of the small room.

"We really wanted to talk to you so we waited for you." Type said. He handed the note to him. "This is our mobile numbers. Please contact us if you change your mind."

"Take good care of your son. Don't trust the nanny too much." Tharn said.

"Here, take this." Type is giving him another 1,000 Baht. "Please buy a new mosquito net. You might catch a dengue fever."

"Oh no, this is too much. I still have the money you gave me yesterday." Tee cannot control his tears anymore. He hugged Type and Tharn.

"Again, this is not for you. This is for Boom, please take it so we can leave now. We have to work tomorrow." Type insisted. Tee couldn't refused anymore.

"Don't cry Tee. We don't want to leave you here with a heavy heart. From now on, treat us as your big brothers. Type and I are Boom's uncles. He even called us Papas." Tharn smiled at Tee.

"I never felt any one treat us before like this. I wonder, always wonder, where are my parents? Do I have siblings? Do I have sisters? Do I have brothers? Do I have a family looking for me?" Tee uttered with tears. "Thank you brothers Type and Tharn!" He gave his final hugs to the leaving couple.

On their way to Bangkok, the couple are quiet. They are both feeling the same sadness of leaving Tee and Boom.

Tharn is driving now the car. Type said, "I will call my father and tell him about Boom and Tee. My father has taught me to be kind and to be compassionate... He would surely support what we want hon." He tilted his cheek to Tharn's shoulder.

"Yes, hon. Stop feeling sad now."

"Aren't you sad?"

"I am sad. And it makes me sadder seeing you so sad. If Tee, doesn't take your offer, we will come back there and check Boom once in a while. Don't worry."

"If he is a good father to Boom, he must think about his son."

"I have a feeling he is a good father, hon." He kissed Type's head.

"Let's adopt Boom, hon!" Type said.

"Yes, hon. We will be the best fathers in the whole wide world for him."

‐-------------------to be continued-------------------------