Part 23:Roommates

"Sawasdee krub!" Tharn came just in time. The first session of the seminar is about to start.

Tong waved at him. He is offering him to sit beside him.

He sat on a chair between Tong and Beam

He sat on a chair between Tong and Beam. Tong's right side is Bob.

"Mueng, what happened?" Tong whispered to him.

"Tell you later." Tharn replied.

The facilitators of the seminars started coming in.

"Good morning everyone! My name is Heha!", the leader of the facilitators did the "wai". "Thank you for choosing our company. Bob, my friend, my college best friend, thank you for trusting us."

Bob smiled at him.

"Before we start, I'd like to introduce you first my assistants. This is Jeab. And this is Toey." Heha introduced his female assistants.

The seminars started with community singing. Then after couple of warm up activities, they all sit and listen to the facilitators.

While the rest are participative, Tharn is pre-occupied. He was obviously not enjoying. Tong used his left elbow to hit his side. "Mueng, what's the matter?" he whispered.

"I shouldn't be here. Type is still mad at me" he whispered.

"Baa! (A Thai word that means crazy). What did you argue again?"

"He's jealous of Beam" Tharn whispered. "Last night, Beam came to our house to send the guitar strings. He saw us talking outside the gate and he misinterpreted our closeness."

"Be careful, mueng! You know Type so well. Why keep on doing things he doesn't like you to do."

"It was an urgent. I needed the strings so I called up Beam to deliver in our house."

Tong shook his head.

"Type thinks I'm flirting with Beam. He said Beam looks like Tar physically. Short. Small. He reminded of Tar."

"He will get more upset if he knows he is your roommate, mueng!"

"He knew it. I told him. That made him really got mad at me."

The facilitators asked them to stand up and group themselves. The two friends stopped talking. They are going to do a group activity.

Among 5 groups, Tharn is assigned to join group A, while Tong is in group D.

Tong teased him when one of Tharn's groupmates is Beam. They sat beside each other. Each group is given straws and Scotch tapes to build the tallest tower.

When they are busy doing the activity, Tong took a photo of Tharn with his groupmates. Tharn saw it.

"Mueng!" Tharn signalled Tong to stop taking them photos.