Part 29: The Injury

"Is that not your cottage?" Type asked Rome. "Why did we just pass that by? Hey, Rome, where are we going?!"

"Hmmm... I have to show you the island that is so beautiful first before we go to our cottage. Gun and I went there yesterday. You have to see it also."

"No! Let's just go to your cottage and get Gun!"

"Don't worry... It won't take long."

"But..."

"Trust me Type."

Type cannot stop Rome. They stopped to a beautiful small island. A very small island. An islet.

Type was mesmerized by the nature

Type was mesmerized by the nature. So green. Tall trees surrounds the place.

"Oh my god! This place is really nice!" Type exclaimed as he jumped off the boat.

"I told you." Rome said following him.

"Wow! Tharn should see this! It could have been better if he is with us now." Type uttered with joy.

"I agree! This is a paradise. It could have been better if you and Tharn only." Rome said.

Only those who rented the boat can go to the place.

"So you and Gun came here yesterday! It was like you owned the place, right?"

"Yup!"

There is no one around the island except them. So quiet. Only the splashes of the waves and the chirping of birds can be heard.

"Do you like to get into the woods?" Rome asked.

"Yeah! I should have a mobile phone so I can take photos or videos" Type said.

"That is prohibited here."

"Really?"

"Yes!"

Type just walk and look around. He is like a child amazed with the place.

"Type, let's go up. There is a better view up there, overlooking the sea!"

There is a way going up which is rocky, narrow path, and full of grasses. It seems like they are hiking now. They hold to the branches of small trees, or to the rocks.

"So you and Gun had a wonderful time here!"

"Yes!"

The two didn't notice they consumed much time already. The beauty of the nature made them stay longer. They keep on walking.

"I and Gun had sex on this spot?" Rome said without being ashamed. He pointed a flat rock surrounded by tall grasses.

"You're kidding me!" Type laughed.

"We did, really! You can ask him later." Rome laughed louder.

"Ouch!" Type heard Rome who is behind him. He looked back and he saw Rome stumbled. Rome got up quickly. As soon as he stood up, his right knee started to bleed.

"Are you alright?" Type was so worried.

"It hurts. But don't worry..." Rome walks like a paralyzed one. He can't walk straight so Type help him to sit on a trunk of a tree.

Rome covered the wound using his hand but the bleeding continues. His face started to look pale. Type pick few leaves of grass, chew it a bit and then tapped on the wound to stop from bleeding. He was so nervous. He learned this first aid from his grandfather. Because there is no way they can stop the bleeding, Type had no other way but to remove his shorts, torned it to make a bandage.

He is now wearing only white brief! Rome was laughing now.

"Why are you laughing?" Type gave Rome a puzzled look.

"You're almost naked now!" Rome teased him.

Type realized he is now wearing only brief.
After he tied his torned shorts to Rome's knee, he came into senses. He was shy now.

Rome pat his shoulder.

"You can be a good doctor Type. The bleeding stop. Thank you." He said smilingly.

Type just nodded. "How are you feeling Rome? It still hurts?"

"A bit. I think the leaves that you put on the wound make me numb. I feel less pain now."

They heard the engine of the boat. Type stood up to check what's going on. He saw three men on the boat. Their boat!

The men are stealing the boat!

Type shouted while running towards the seashore where they anchored the boat, "Hey! Stop!"

But the thieves didn't stop. With disbelief and great worry, Type watch the three men going far away from them. The boat was taken away by those thieves.

He went back to Rome who walks towards him slowly. Rome cannot walk straight and was about to stumble again so Type hugged him, to catch him from falling. Then Type put Rome's right arm on his shoulder.

Rome keeps on shouting as well! "Assholes, stop!"

They are so devastated. How can they go back now? The thought that they are going to be stranded on the island is hard to imagine.

"Bastards! Shit!" Rome furiously shouting still.

"Rome stop shouting. You are bleeding so hard now. We will find a way. We will find a way. Just calm down for now." Type controlled his anger.

Rome started shedding tears. Tears of hopelessness. How can they find a way.

"I'm so sorry Type. We are stuck in here. It's all my fault..."

Type slowly helped Rome sit down. "Shhhhh... I'll find a way. I'll try to find a way. Don't worry." He said to calm down Rome's hysterical emotion.

Type doesn't know actually what to do. He is also hopeless. But he wants to show to Rome that he can make a way in order to cool his emotions at the moment.

It's already noon. They are under a shady tree. They suppose to feel hungry. But because of what has just happened, they both feel hopeless.

"There is a small hut not far from here." Rome finally said when he regained his calmness. "We can perhaps find something there that can help us go back to the main island."

"Ok. I will help you walk." Type put Rome's arm to his shoulder and they started walking.

"I'm really sorry Type."

"It's alright Rome."

"Tharn and Gun must be looking for us now. " Rome said.

"Yeah. And I hope they can come here and get us."

The two reached the hut. Type let Rome lie on a narrow long flat wood and checked his bandage.

"Just stay here. I have to find some herbal plants nearby first. I'm worried about your wound. It's deep." Type told him.

Rome nodded. He was so shy. When Type turned his back, Rome got up. He wanted to help Type but his leg started to feel numb.

------------------ to be continued ---------------------