Chapter 8: Maybe your not a jerk

I make a sudden turn in the hallway when I hear somebody sobbing. As I walk up the hall, I stop by the girls bathrooms. The sobbing continues and I sigh, pushing the door open. My lips part when I see Indigo on the ground, tears running down her face. I slowly walk up to her and crouch down to her level.

" Are you alright?" My voice comes out soft and she looks up at me. She wipes her eyes, smearing her makeup. 

" Why the hell are you in the girls bathroom?" Her usually loud voice is soft as she speaks to me. I ignore her question and wet a paper towel.  " Answer my question, Wilson. Are you hurt?" She shakes her head and I nod slowly, handing her the towel. She wipes her eyes and tosses in in the bin, thanking me. I sit down in front of her. 

" Do you want to tell me why you are breaking down in the bathroom, when you should be in class?" I ask and she scoffs, pulling her knees to her chest. I sigh and make eye contact with her. She of course takes it as a challenge and raises a brow. 

" Ok. I'm gonna do something you aren't going to like, please don't kill me." I wrap my arms around her and hug her. She tenses, but almost immediately puts her head on my shoulder and holds back a sob. I rub soothing circles on her back and comfort her. When I grab the sides of her lags and pick her up, she gasps and wraps her legs around me.

" What are you doing, you idiot?" She tries to hide the sadness in her voice. I let out a deep chuckle.

" I'm taking you home, Indigo." I push the door open and walk down the hall with her.She groans.

" I can walk." She mumbles and I smirk. 

" You want me to out you down?" She shakes her head no rapidly, 

" That's what I thought." 

When I set her in the front seat  of my sports car, she mumbles something, but I hear it.

" Maybe you're not such a jerk after all."

;;;

A/N:

I tried to write a chapter with a little bit of Indigo and Carson, I don't know if anyone ships them or not? Although it is one of the main storylines of the book, it's not the only one. 

Hope your thanksgiving was good!