Chapter 35

CARSONS POV

" So, boys, how was school?" My mother asks after we order our drinks.

" Fine." I mutter, and Alex raises a brow at me from across the table. I ignore him, opening my menu. I'm seated next to my Dad, while he is by Mom.

Later on, after we ordered our food, everyone is quiet. Mom and Dad and looking at me, while Alex is on his phone.

" Why don't you boys-" My mom starts, but is cut off by Alex choking on nothing, looking at his phone with wide eyes. 

" What?" I look at him expectantly, and his eyes meet mine.

" N-nothing." He stutters, shutting his phone off and setting it on the table. I don't miss his deep blushing, though.

" So, Alex, we know your birthday is next week, and we want to spend it with you-" 

" But you have a work trip. I know. Just like every year." Alex cuts my mom off again, and she sighs.

"Honey, we don't get to choose when they are..." Mom trails, and Alex shakes his head, taking a drink of water. I look at my dad.

" Your being awful quiet, Dad! What do you want to judge us about?" I raise my brows, and he clenches his jaw, looking away from me and to my Mom. 

" Sorry for the wait, here's your food." The waitress breaks the silence, giving everyone their dishes.

~

"Alex, are you riding home with us?" My Mom questions him, and he shakes his head.

" Nope, I think I'm gonna go with Carson." He says, sliding into my car. After I get in and turn it on, I start to pull out of the parking lot.

" That was fun." I say sarcastically, and Alex laughs.

" I know Dad has something to say to us, he looked pissed the entire time." I nod in agreement, stopping at a red light.

" What got you so embarrassed earlier?" I ask, and he coughs.

" I said nothing." Alex presses, turning to look out the window. 

Later on, as we drive down the road, Alex turns the radio down.

" Is Indigo still at our house?" He asks, and I sigh.

" Yes. She doesn't want to be at her house right now." I state, pulling into the garage. 

" Are you dating?" He asks again and I shut the car off, turning to him. 

" No. Now let's go inside, before Mom and Dad get home." I shoo him, and we walk in.

  When we get inside, my eyes search the room for Indigo. I see her coming down the stairs, wearing an oversized t-shirt, her hair pulled back. 

"Hey Vos's" She greets, ruffling Alex's hair. He scrunches his nose before heading up to his room, muttering something I don't catch.

" Where are your parents?" She asks, pulling me to sit beside her on the couch. 

" They are probably still driving, my Mom drives really slow." I respond, turning on the TV. She rests her head on my lap, laying sideways. After I settle on watching " Scream", I kick my feet onto the coffee table.

" I love this show." Indigo comments, her cold hands playing with the rips in my black, tight jeans. 

 " Same." I agree, resting my hands behind me. After a good half hour of silently watching the show, the door bursts open.

" Took you long enough." I say, and my Dad scoffs. " Bad traffic." He tells me, and I hum in response. 

" Why don't you go to bed?" My Mom suggests, loudly, and I put a finger to my mouth. 

" Shush. She's sleeping." I whisper, motioning to Indigo. Her eyes are shut peacefully, mouth parted slightly. My mother sighs, glancing at her peaceful state before heading to the kitchen. 

Around 11:30 or 12:00, Alex comes into the living room, hurrying to the door.

" Alex, What the hell are you doing?" I groan, and he opens the door to reveal Noah. I give him a look, and Noah slides in. 

"Mom said he could, it's Friday." He sasses, the two of them heading to Alex's room. When I hear Indigo let out a quiet yawn, I turn my attention to her.

" You want to go to bed?" I question, and she nods slowly, following me up the stairs. 

Once we get settled into my bed, she turns to me.

" Night."

;;;

o h m y g e e e e e e

we're almost to 2K? 😟

Hope everyone's healthy😘