Chapter 15

Indigo Wilson ( P.O.V)

I stand by the tall door as I wait to be let in. After some time, Carson opens the door to his house.

" What?" He looks behind him quickly and I observe him. His usually neatly styled hair is messy, some brown strands falling on his forehead. He wears gray colored joggers, paired with a blue tee. His extremely casual attire makes me feel stupid in my expensive skinny jeans and curled hair.

" I just came to say hi, um, why do you keep looking behind you?" As I finish my sentence, a blonde headed toddler runs up to him, grabbing onto him. He looks back up at me, looking stressed.

" That was this week?" He nods and I look at the blonde girl. Her eyes widen and she taps on Carson's broad chest. He raises a brow at her.

" I thought you said you didn't have a girlfriend." She giggles and my eyes widen. Carson clears his throat and smiled at the girl.

" Audrey, we aren't dating, ok? This is Indigo, my friend." Audrey claps her hands, looking back at me. 

" Hi, how old are you?" I question, waving at her. Her grin gets wider as she flashes four fingers.

" I'm four, but my mommy says I'm a big girl." I smile and look back at Carson, my brows lifting.

" Oh yeah, uh, come in." He holds the door open and I walk in. After I walk in and remove my shoes, I grab Audrey from him and look at her.

" What do you want to do?" I ask her and she looks at Carson.

" I asked him to take me to the park, but he said " later" because my brother was sleeping." Carson crosses his arms and looks around.

" Audrey, if you go get him, I'll take you guys to the park." Carson reasons and she giggles in excitement and disappears up the glass staircase. I turn my attention back to the tense Carson.

" You need to relax, even your posture screams " I need to loosen up." " I warn him and he gives me a questioning glance.

" I'm fine, I'm just watching twins." 

" Mhm."

I can tell he is getting angry, and while I would usually encourage that, he's watching kids, and he should be in a good mood around them.

" Carson, I got my brother!" Audrey and a similar looking, also blond child walk downstairs. He rubs his eyes, lazily following after his sister.

" Alright, Let's get in the car." 

:::

" I still can't believe you fell down the stairs." I say as I apply rubbing alcohol to the cut going across his structured cheekbone, resulting in him wincing.

" Audrey spilt juice on them and I slipped, it's not my fault!" I roll my eyes as I stand between his muscular legs, while he sits on the marble counter. I search the first aid kit for some sort of healing ointment. 

" I didn't even know we had a first aid kit." Carson laughs as his eyes land on it. I nod while I apply the ointment to my finger, applying it to the cut. 

" It was under your bathroom sink, just so you know. What kind of babysitter are you?" I laugh and he looks at me.

" Not a good one." He chuckles and I join in. Earlier at the park, Audrey got mad at him, so he gave her five bucks and told her to be happy. I laughed for way to long. He way not act like it a lot, but he really loves kids, you can tell. That's one thing we have in common.

" There, now you just need to ice your head." I tell him while finishing my putting a band-aid straight onto his face. He grins at me.

" Your really bossy, Indigo." He laughs and I sarcastically smile at him:

" I should probably get going, my Dad will start to wonder where I am." His face scrunches up cutely.

" What about your Mom?" My eyes widen and I grab my green purse. 

" I don't really want to talk about it." I reply before turning to walk away, but he grabs my hips forcefully and turns me back around. 

" Wilson, is something wrong?" He questions, and I respond by pulling him off the counter and into a hug.

" Damn it, Wilson. You never listen." He laughs and I just roll my eyes.

I do that to make him mad.