Chapter 43

CARSON'S POV

" Honey, I barely ever see you! Why are you leaving?" My mother presses, stopping me at the door.

" I told you, Sam and I have a project to finish. I'll see you tomorrow." I respond, sliding on my shoes. 

" Ok.... love you." She says, and I smile before walking out the door. I quickly walk over to my car, the orange light of the sunset glowing. When I open the door and hop inside, I get a call from Sam. I sigh, answering. 

" Hey. Are you almost here? We've been waiting." He says, and I raise a brow to myself before starting the car.

" We?" I question, pulling out of the driveway and driving down the road full of large houses. 

" Yeah. Willow and I, Daniel, and Indigo!" He states happily, and I raise my brows.

" Wilson's there?" I ask, and he hums in response. Stopping at a stop sign, I re adjust my phone on my shoulder. 

" I don't really think that Wilson and Willow hanging out is good..." I start, and he laughs.

" I'm thinking that too, they are in the living room with Daniel... I'm scared to go in there." He mutters, and I laugh quietly before pulling into the driveway, seeing two familiar cars parked. 

" Ok, I'm here, I'll be in soon." I tell him, hanging up and traveling to the large porch. I don't bother to knock, walking in and seeing Indigo, Willow and Daniel. Daniel is sat on the reclining chair, eyes on his phone. Indigo is sitting in front of Willow, getting her hair braided. 

" VOSSY! GIVE ME A HUG!" Willow shouts, and I roll my eyes before sauntering over and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. I make sure that my shirt doesn't touch her face, as it's covered in a gray mud mask. 

"I'm jealous of your girlfriend." She pouts, tying off Indigo's hair. Indigo groans, standing up before sitting on the couch beside her.

" I told you, Willow. We aren't a thing." She mutters, causing Willow to give her an unconvinced look. 

" But you told me about-" Willow starts, but is cut off by Sam walking in.

" I'm covering my eyes because I'm scared that those two are cat fighting." He shouts, and Willow laughs.

" Babe! It's fine, come sit." She encourages, and Sam uncovers his eyes before sitting beside her. I sit beside Indigo, and she smiles before talking.

" Your such a good brother." She says quietly, and I raise a brow.

" Your leaving for an entire night, so Alex can privately tell your parents without you there. That's so kind." She explains, and I shrug before turning back to Willow.

" We should watch it." I suggest, and Willow groans. 

" No! We watch it every time!" She waves her arms around, and Sam grins before hopping up and grabbing the very familiar CD.

Mean Girls.

~

ALEX'S POV

" So, Honey, how has school been?" My mom asks, picking up her fork. 

" Um, fine, I guess." I say awkwardly, gulping down home water before starting my meal. We eat in silence for quite a while, only hearing the clank of our forks against the plates. My leg bounces rapidly, causing the chair to shake quietly.

" Is something wrong, son?" My Dad asks, and my eyes snap upward. 

" Uh.. I kinda..," I stop, pressing my hands against my cheeks and taking a deep breath. 

" I w-wanted to tell you guys something. It's kind of important." I start, and they direct their attention to me. 

" So.. uh.. this month has been pretty stressful for me, but I'm deciding to tell you this because I trust that you will accept it. 

" Baby, do you have a girlfriend?" Mom asks, and I quickly shake my head. My dad stays quiet, not looking away from me. 

" I- why the hell is this so difficult!" I mutter, and my moms eyes widen. I press my head against the table before sitting up straight.

" I'm gay." I finally admit, and my mother immediately grins. My Dad, however, stands up with an unreadable expression on his face. I hold my breath, watching him closely. He walks around the table slowly, reaching my chair. I sink into it, looking up at him. 

" Get up." He says quietly, and I rise as fast as I can. 

" Dad-" I'm cut off by him pulling me into an emotional hug. I cringe, patting his back as he does mine. 

" So, you guys..." I say, and my Dad claps his hands together. 

"Alex. Your my son. I don't care if you like boys or girls." He says, and my mom covers her mouth to hide her excitement. 

" Your ok with it?" I say, confused. He crosses his arms, nodding. When my mom stands up and wraps me in her arms, I immediately start sobbing. 

" I- I was so- scared that you g-guys would hate me!" I hiccup, and my mom laughs quietly. My dad watches, his usual expression replaced with a weak smile. My mom rubs circles on my back, and I sob loudly. 

" Honey, let me take you upstairs." My mom suggests, and I nod before following her up. My dad laughs, wiping his eyes before heading to their room.

" So." Mom says as we enter my room. I look at her expectantly, grabbing a tissue and drying my face. 

" Is there any lucky boys out there?" She asks, and I sigh.

" Not exactly." I respond, climbing into my bed. She pulls the covers up, running a hand through my hair before kissing my cheek. 

" Goodnight, love." She farewells, shutting off the lights and walking out.

With all of my other issues pushed to the back of my head, I drift into slumber, feeling safer than I've ever felt. 

;;;

A/N: 🥺🥺 finally... Alex did it! 

Also, REDWOOD HIGH IS ON THE WAY TO 10K!! 

every day, I've been getting at least three people adding to their reading lists. That's so cool😭 

One last little side note, this book is almost over. * Insert sobbing* Don't worry, reader. As I stated in the last chapters side notes, there will be more books to come. But anyways, back to the point. When I begin to write the second book, I will also be editing this one. ( It will still be open to read) I know that the beginning isn't the best, so I'll be improving that!❤️

s t a y  s a f e💕