Chapter 33

SAM'S POV

" Hey mom." I pull her into a hug, glancing at my dad from the corner of my eye. He is seated at the table with mom, a beer sitting beside his plate.

" Sober my ass." I mutter, and my mom gives me a warning look. I take a seat, my food still warm. 

"Mom, I have to tell you something...." I start, and both of my parents attention turns to me. My dad downs the rest of the beer, wiping his mouth.

" I've been seeing Willow again." I admit, and she smiles. 

" I love that girl. I never understood why you two split." She speaks, and I force a smile.

" You see, the thing is, she called me in class today, and-" I stop, glancing at them. 

" What, baby?" My mom asks, her light eyebrows pulled together. 

" She's pregnant." My dad lets out a low laugh, and my mother gasps. 

" For how long?" My dads low voice questions, and I look at him.

"I have no idea, she has an appointment next Thursday though." I explain and my dad scoffs, pointing.

" Go get me a beer." He orders, and I shake my head.

" I'm 18, dad. You can't make me do everything for you." I snap, and the chucks the glass bottle beside him onto the floor. 

" I said get me a damn beer! " He shouts, and I quickly walk to the fridge, getting him one before sitting back down. He gives me a blank look.

" Clean up the glass, you dumb kid!" I grab the broom, sweeping the glass into the dust pan before dumping it in the trash. When I put the broom up and start to walk out of my room, my mom speaks up.

" Why aren't you going to eat, honey?" She asks and I laugh.

" You're  insane." I tell them both before walking off.

:::

ALEXS POV

I watch from my locker as people embrace Noah, a huge smile on his face. I am pulled out of my thoughts by a tap on my shoulder.

" Hey, Alex!" Austin smiles, and I return it.

" Hey, we still studying today?" I speak, and he nods. " You can come over to mine today, Carson is going out with his friends until god knows when." I add, and he nods.

" Alright, I'll call Anne. See you." He ruffles my hair before walking away, and I look up to find Noah in front of me. " Who was that?" He asks, and I sigh.

" That's Austin, I've been helping him with history." I explain before he thinks anything, but he scoffs.

"Mhmm." He mutters, and I roll my eyes.

" Let's go." 

When we get to class, the teacher excitedly stands up, pulling Noah into a hug. He cringes, sending a weird look my way. 

" Welcome back, Mr. Price." She grins, releasing him. I slide into my seat, Noah next to me. 

He leans over. " Yo. Can I see your notes?" He whispers, and I hand him my notebook, turning back to the teacher, who is ranting on about something historical. Then, Austin bursts into the room, shooting the teacher an apologetic look. 

" Sorry I'm late, I was in the main office." He speaks, coming over and sitting on my other side. Noah's eyes turn to him, an angered expression on his usually happy face.

I turn to Austin. " You gotta stop being late." 

He frowns. " I was really in the main office, I was calling Anne." He whispers, and I nod slowly.

~

After school, when Austin and I arrive at my house, I open the door,

"Damn, nice house." He laughs, and I shrug.

" I guess, but the best part is, it's always empty!" I yell, my voice echoing. Austin laughs, and I pull him upstairs into my room.

" What are you trying to imply?" He wiggles his eyebrows, and I just grin. 

" Get your textbook out, Romeo." I reply, and he pouts at me before bulling out his large textbook, sitting on my bed beside me. 

" I don't understand any of this." He admits, and I shrug.

" That's fine, we aren't doing this for nothing." His frown turns to a smile, causing me to grin.

" What the hell is a 'treaty of guadalupe hidalgo'?" He groans, and I scoot closer to him, pulling out my notebook and turning to a certain page.

" Peace treaty signed in 1848, between the U.S and Mexico? Interesting." He mutters, and I grin at his lack of effort.

" Can we take a break?" He looks at me hopefully and I raise a brow.

" We haven't even done anything." I state, and he sticks out his bottom lip. I sigh. 

" Fine. What do you want to do?" I ask, and he look at me.

" Let's ask each other questions. I want to get to know you better." He suggests, and I nod.

" Ok, sounds good. You go." I say, and Austin thinks.

" Do you have any talents or hobbies?" He questions, and I nod.

" I can play the guitar." I motion in the direction of my sleek acoustic guitar. He takes it in, nodding. " You?" I ask, and his eyes snap back up to me.

" I'm a pretty great kisser..." He smirks, and a blush creeps up my neck. 

I raise a brow. " Sure."

" Don't doubt me,Alex." His smirk grows, as does mine. After his smirk fades, he leans forward slightly, his nose bumping mine. 

"Definitely wasn't doubting you...." I whisper, and he lets out a hushed laugh. Just as his lips brush mine, I hear a car door close and quickly run over to my window. Austin stands up.

" Shit." I mutter

" Is your brother here?!" He asks quickly, shoving his stuff in his bag before putting it on.

" No. Its my Mom."

;;;

A/N: Sorry, another late update. 

Also, 1.1k? DANGGG.

1k? DANGGG