Chapter 39

ALEX'S POV

" Do you know who did it?" I ask as Tessa and I walk down the hall. She looks down.

" Uh, yeah, but I don't think-" 

" Who did it, Tessa?" I ask again, my voice harsher than before. She pulls me to the side of the hallway near my locker. 

" I don't want you to do anything stupid." She mutters, and I roll my eyes. She sighs lowly, fixing her collar.

" It was Timothy Ernest." Tessa says, and my smile disappears. She grabs on to my hand.

" Please don't, Alex." She pleads, and I rip my hand from hers. She watches as I storm over to Timothy, slamming him into the locker. 

" Alex, what's up bro?" He flashes a smile, and I tighten my grip on his shoulders.

" You shouldn't have done it." I spit, and he laughs. 

" What are you gonna do, kiss me?" He says, and I let go. 

" No." He raises a brow. " I'm gonna beat your ass." I go to punch him, but someone grabs my arm. 

" Don't." Carson says lowly, an angry look on his face. He makes eye contact with Timothy, who looks terrified. I open my mouth to say something, but Carson starts pulling me away. 

" Where are we going?" I question him, and he ignores me. When we reach an empty hallway, he lets go of me.

" Look, Alex. I really don't care what you do, as long as you don't do dumb shit that could get you in serious trouble. Mom and Dad already think I don't take care of you, I don't need them to be up my ass because you got upset over something that won't even matter in a few months." He says, sounding stresses. I shut my eyes tightly before opening them.

" Just last month you beat someone up because he hit on a girl you aren't even dating! I'd say that this is a pretty huge deal, for me at least. People can be terrible about this stuff, C. " I state, and he sighs. 

" Whatever, we can talk later. Go to class." He orders before walking off.  

What a nice conversation.

:::

INDIGOS POV

" Why do you seem so stressed?" I ask Carson as I sit beside him on the couch. School ended about four hours ago, and he's been on his laptop since.

" I just have a lot of things to do." He mutters, and I lay my head on his muscular shoulder. 

" What are you looking at?" I question him, and he sighs before shutting his laptop and putting it on the coffee table. 

" I was just looking over all of the colleges I've applied for. But I don't even know if I should go to college. Alex is still only 14, I don't want him to be alone 24/7. " He stresses, and I trace his jaw with my finger.

" Don't worry about Alex, for now. Focus on getting into a great college. I know you will." I say, and he closes his eyes. After a minute, his eyes open.

" Damn it!" He yells, standing up. I stay on the couch, raising a brow.

" His birthday is tomorrow! I gotta go to the store. I'll be back." He grabs his keys before leaving, and I groan before laying back on the couch. Not even five minutes later, Alex and Noah come strolling into the living room.

" We should wa- oh hey Indigo." Alex notices me, and they take a seat on the opposite side of the u- shaped couch. " Where's Carson?"

" He had to go to the store." I respond, laying with my back facing them. I hear him hum in response before asking Noah about a movie. Naturally, I start to drift off into a deep sleep.

~

" Shut up, Noah. Your gonna wake her up." I hear Carsons deep voice, and I feel a blanket being placed over me. 

"Yeah Noah, don't wake his girlfriend up, asshole." Alex chimes in, and there is a moment where I am guessing someone's middle finger was in the air.

" You guys need to go to bed." I hear Carson mutter, sounding annoyed. Alex scoffs. 

" We always stay up until midnight on my birthday." He says, and Carson groans.

" Whatever, Alex. Go upstairs." He orders, and I hear Alex mutter some colorful words before leaving. 

" You didn't have to make them leave.." I mutter sleepily, turning around. Carson is wearing a pair of thin black glasses, his hair messy.

" I didn't know you were awake." He grumbles, sitting by my feet. I sit up, moving so I'm facing him.

" I think you need to get some sleep." I say, and he sighs, turning his head to me.

" I think I need to get some Ibuprofen." He groans, holding his head. I push his hand away, feeling his forehead with the back of my hand.

" I think so too. Where's your medicine, I'll get it." I say, standing up.

" It's in the third cabinet in the top row of the bathroom." He replies, and I start to leave to retrieve it. Walking into the bathroom, I open the cabinet, grabbing the small white bottle. 

" Got it." I announce to Carson as I walk back in the room, handing him my glass of water from earlier. He quickly takes two, giving me an appreciative look. I cross my arms.

" Now go take a shower and then go to bed. You need to sleep." I order, and he nods slowly. 

" And thanks for letting me stay here." I grin, and he stands up, pulling me into a hug. 

" Your Welcome."

;;;

A/N:

4.1K? Y'all are amazing.🥰

Also, I love it when people comment on these chapters, so feel free to share your opinion anytime.

( There should be another chapter following this one tonight.)