Prologue

I saw her familiar face again, for the fifth time in this month. I always wonder why is a popular star all alone at this time, isn't she always have some buddies on her back?

Four years of working here in Starbucks have something really special for me. At least I get to see the person who seems to be very known by the people outside this shop. Her management secure this shop with their sources where she can go in like a normal person and not as the famous Ariana Grande. A star needs some personal space too. Few years of having her as a regular customer, not even a single picture has seen on the internet of her being here. We know some of her fans knew about this but we let it slip since there is no squealing and screaming fans.

You know what is really special about my job? I get to see the Ariana Grande without hassle, without squeezing to many fans and without buying some expensive tickets.

She sat at her usual spot at the soft couch facing the large glass wall with the view from the outside. She opened her Macbook and plugged her earphones like she always does before ordering at the counter.

Eight months, since Pete and Ariana broke up. But that pain didn't stop her to become the person who she is right now. Even top the music charts about her song that talks about her exes.

"Hi, the usual please." Ariana said before I opened my mouth. She let out a soft giggle that shows her cute dimples.

"At least let me greet you a good day, Miss Ariana." I replied before tapping screen of the cashier.

She furrowed her eyebrows before handing me her payment. "Miss Ariana sounds so weird to me."

"Pretty busy, huh?" I said before returning her change, which she always doesn't accept and slipping it on our tip box.

"Just writing."

I watched her get back to her seat, she's always effortlessly beautiful. To her wavy natural hair, oversized shirts and some sneakers. People who don't admire her must be dumb, where can you find someone so adorable and sexy at the same time. I smirked at the thought as I turned my attention to my routine.

"Cloud Macchiato for Ari." I smiled as I called out her famous frappe with her famous name. I sometimes miss calling her.

Ariana gave me a soft smile before returning to her seat and doing what makes her busy. As the day goes by, no one bothered her not even a simple tap can make her look away from her laptop.