Chapter 16

I stood up from my seat and felt my knees weakened as I stared at Camila's questionable eyes, she's switching her look from me and Ariana. My throat dried as I took my step towards the door, it felt like I'm close to the cliff and I'm about to throw myself there. My heart is pounding, I didn't do anything but I know how will Ariana react to this. The thoughts in my head spread like virus and my heart is slowly drowning in fear.

I reached the front door and it feels like forever.

"Hey," I forced some words out of my mouth and met Ariana's glaze, she's silently throwing questions by her eyes.

Ariana showed her beaming fake smile, "Hey, baby." She crashed her lips on mine and wrapped her arms around my neck as I put my hand on her waist. "I miss you." Ariana mumbled against my lips.

Camila cleared her throat as she stared at us, surprised. There were too much guilt in me, two wonderful woman are being played by me.

"You and Ariana aren't even together." My other inner thoughts said, I almost slap my own-self for being such a fucking idiot.

We all heard some soft knocks on the door.

"Oh finally! The pizza's here." Camila exhaled and gave us an awkward smile. I looked back at Ariana who's smiling like an evil bitch right beside me.

Camila took care of the pizza and Ariana pushed me all the way to the couch still stiff and giving me a questionable look on what's happening right now.

"Y/N and Ariana, have some pizza!" Camila yelled right through the kitchen. Ariana and I took our place on the sofa.

"Sure, Cami!" I replied to break the awkwardness between all of us.

Ariana tilted her head and smiled sarcastically, "Cami." She mocked me.

"Baby.." I tried to calm her with my soft approach and put my hand on top of hers, she lifted her eyebrow and swat my hand away causing me to pout. "It's not what it looks like."

"And you're expecting me to believe that?" Her voice was getting high and I can feel the heat of her head from my seat. I gulped and gave her an apologetic smile. I don't know where to start and what to say, knowing that Camila can hear what we're about to argue with and knowing that they can fight in any minute. It feels like I started a fire without even lighting it.

"Ari, I can explain. Whatever's in your mind, it's not what it is." I told her calmly and of course, her bitchiness took over her and she even rolled her eyes on me.

Ariana stood up with full confidence, hiding her madness and pain behind her smile. "Where's Lauren?"

"She's with Lucy." I mumbled and stared at her actions. I stood up and added, "Do you want some pizza? I'm kinda hungry."

Ariana shook her head, "Duh."

"I'm getting some, if you want something to eat tell me. Calm yourself down then we will talk, okay?" I told her wholeheartedly, giving her some soft stares with full of affection and sincerity. Ariana teared her eyes away from mine and before she can distance herself from me, I grabbed her hand and added, "Ari, please."

My heart broke when I saw her glass eyes filled with tears that don't want to goes down her eyes, fighting the tears back to her eyes. It's a stab in my heart and my soul, I just promised myself that I'm not going to hurt her but I guess, it's the first thing that is impossible in this world.

"Guys! The pizzas getting cold here!" Our scene was interrupted by Camila.

Ariana went back on being lionhearted woman and put off her emotional pain aside. "Your pizza's cold." She mumbled without emotion.