Chapter 9

Ariana never fail to update me on what's going on around her world and it made me feel good, that whatever she's going she's thinking of me.. well at least sometimes.

We shared some short text when we're not busy but there is no day that she's not busy, her music, her rehearsal, her interviews it's all going on like a cycle. She always told me that she loves to work when I can even see that.

"Yes, babe. It's tomorrow." I replied to the woman through the phone as I put on my uniform.

"Your promotion is tomorrow already? Oh god, it's happening so fast." Ariana replied with her soft sleepy voice, I can see her half eyes closed on the phone.

I miss her. I wish I can wrapped my arms around her and kiss her grumpy face. I just wish she's not far away from me, so I can express how much I love her company.

"I know. It's my last day of being a barista." I said happily.

It happened so fast, one day I was just doing some coffee for some of the customers and one moment I'm gonna be a manager. Not just a manager but a district manager. Which is too much for me.

"I'm proud of you, baby."

I smiled after I heard her words. It made me feel like a winner, making her proud. It's a small progress but I think I'm in a right path of making my future more better.

"Thank you. I wish you were here though." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "I miss you."

"Aw babe. I miss you too. Don't worry, you'll see me sooner." She replied and it made me feel more sad.

I miss her and I can't do anything about it. I can't just fly to New York, I don't have enough money. I can't go there and make Ariana pay anything for me. Living is expensive, even now that I'm dating one of the most riches woman in the world. When I can't even have half of her income on my bank account.

"I hope I can go there." I frowned.

I walked to the kitchen, fully clothed of my uniform. My last day of wearing them because the next day, I'll step up of my level. I made myself a coffee before taking a seat at the island.

"Don't be sad and shit before I'll go there and kiss you lips." Ariana said with a giggle.

I sighed and pouted even more but Ariana laughed when she saw me, "Baby.."

"I just miss you babe, it's been weeks and you're killing me with these looks." I groaned.

Even when she's half asleep, eyes barely open, I can see how much she care about me through her eyes.

"I just wanna kiss you right now." I mumbled and stared at her through the screen.

Ariana showed me her cute smile that shows her dimples, "Even if my breath smells like shit?"

"As long as it's your lips, I'll be kissing that."

Not too long, the call ended saying that she needs to take care of something and I also have to go to work since I don't wanna be late for my last day of being a Barista. It's one of unforgettable job, aside from meeting Ariana, I had some awesome friends and memories from there.

"Hey, Y/N. Hey, Lauren." Joe greeted me with a huge smile when I entered the lockers.

I immediately looked at him and gave him my biggest happy smile, "Hey, good morning."

"Hi." Lauren greeted back.

"I'm really proud of you, you know that." He walked towards me and pat my back. He's always been a brother to me and I know he'll continue to be that.