one

It's finally time. Finally time to start this holiday. I've only been waiting for a day but it feels longer. I didn't get much sleep because I was way to excited. I haven't spend much time with my mom lately but thanks to this trip I can.

I walked down the stairs with all my bags and my mom was waiting on me. "Mom can you please help?" I asked her, the bags were way to heavy for me to carry on my own. I handed my mom one of the bags and we put them in the trunk. Lastly I grabbed my coat and it was time for us to go.

We drove for about 1 hour and it was very tiring. I looked out the window, The trees passing me by made me even more tired then I already was. The music playing on radio softly. I was about to sleep when.

"Okay Eli, wake up." My mom said and turned towards me. "Yea yeah." I said annoyed.

"We're gonna have to take a boat now and then we'll arrive at Eroda." She said and I nodded.

"C'mon get out of the car." She said and my mom opened the door on her side. I frowned and and opened the door. I stepped into the cold air. Wind blowing through my hair, sending shivers down my spine. "Can the car not go on the boat?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Nope. For some reason it's not allowed." She said and walked towards the boat.

We got on the boat, my mom wanted to sit somewhere but I wanted to stare at the ocean.

I assumed everybody on the boat was also going to Eroda. But they didn't seem to happy about it. Except for one person. There was a curly headed boy standing at the edge of the boat staring at the ocean. He seemed like the only normal person here, so I walked up to him.

"Hi." I said and stood next to him. He turned his head and I met a pair of green eyes. "Hi." He replied and looked back at the sea. I stayed silent not knowing what to say. I also was intimidated by him.

"Are you here alone?" He asked me trying to start a conversation. "Uhh, no I'm here with my mom. You?"

"Yep all alone." He replied, seeming sad.

I was confused. Why was everybody here sad? Everybody here was frowning. No smiles what so ever.

"Oh." I just said not knowing what to say.

"Do you come here often?" He asked me and turned to look at me again.

"No this is my first time here." I replied and he nodded.

"How nice. I've been here my entire life. I was born here." He told me and I was confused.

"Then why did you leave?" I asked. He stayed silent. He cleared his throat.

"I uhh. I never really got your name." He said trying to change the topic.

"I'm Eli." I replied and he nodded.

"Nice to meet you Eli, I'm Edward." He said and I smiled. Edward noticed and he frowned. Seeming to be confused, he shook his head and looked back at the sea.

I looked around me and my mom looked just as confused as me. I quickly looked away from her when her gaze met mine.

"Is there anything I need to know about Edora?" I asked, I saw him thinking about something.

"Uhm kind of I can't tell you right now." He said and I frowned. "Why?"

"Look where we are." He said and I nodded. "Okay so... here is my number text me about it." I said and gave him a piece of paper with my phone number on it. His eyes scanned the paper, folding it and then slipping it into his pocket.

"Will do." He said, trying to hide his smile. And I wondered why? Why does nobody smile here.

Finally we had arrived at Eroda and let's just say... it looked dark. My mom and I got of the boat.

"This is different." My mom said and I laughed a bit. Everybody looked in my direction and gave me a weird glance. Making me very uneasy. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I unlocked it and it was an unknown number.

Unknown: You might want to stop smiling. -Edward.