thirteen

"So tell me about yourself." I looked up at his hazel eyes, he seemed happy.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, and Roy shrugged. "I want to know you."

"Do you have any siblings?" Roy asked, and stared at me silently waiting for my answer.

I shook my head. "Nope, just me and my mom." Roy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Where's your dad?" He asked and I shrugged. Not knowing if I wanted to tell him. I never told anyone about it, not even Harry.

"Let's just say, he went to buy milk but he never found it." I replied, and chuckled. "Oh sorry." Roy said. "It's fine."

I looked down at the cup in my hand, suddenly feeling awkward in his presence. The heat of the cup spreading to my fingers. "What do you like to do?" Roy asked, and I shrugged. "Reading I guess, or listening music." I replied.

"Really? Which artists?" He asked, and I smiled a little at his curiousness. "Mostly Fleetwood Mac, but there's a lot more." I replied, and Roy let out a chuckle.

"Fleetwood Mac is great." Roy said, and I nodded.

Then a silence fell over us, and I took a sip from my cappuccino that I forgot I was holding. I cleared my throat, and just when I was about to say something. Someone called me. Harry.

"I uhh have to take this." I said, and Roy nodded.

I walked into the restroom and picked up the phone.

"Hey Harry."

"Hi Eli, are you busy?" Harry asked and I furrowed my brows.

"Kind of."

"What do you mean 'kind of'?" Harry questioned.

"I'm out with somebody." I said "Why?"

"Well I have some news." Harry said and I furrowed my brows. Was it really that important?

"And that is?" I asked.

"Welllll, I'm coming to visit you next week!" He said, and I smiled.

"Really?! I can't wait." I replied, and I could hear him let out a laugh.

"Yes really! Anyway continue what you were doing, I'll see you then." Harry said, and I smiled once again.

"Will do, bye I'll text you."

I hung up the phone and walked back to Roy. "Who was it?" He asked and I shrugged. "Just a friend I met when I was on holiday." I replied, and he nodded slowly. "Oh okay."

Roy checked the time and his eyes widened. "Oh, it's that late? I'm sorry but I have to go. Should we do this another time?" He asked and I nodded.

"Sure."

"Okay I'll text you, bye." Roy said, and put on his coat, quickly paying for his drink, and walking out.

• • •

"Eli, what even happened with you and what was his name? Harry?" My mom asked all of a sudden, and I froze in place. "Well uhm, we decided we should just be friends." I replied and my mom nodded.

We were sitting at the dining table, just eating our dinner. When she asked that I got the weirdest feeling ever. We were just friends and I hated it. I admit I still have feelings for it, but I had to let them go. I can't keep feeling this way. Harry doesn't like me, and he moved on. Who am I kidding he probably already found someone else.

"Do you like him?" My mom asked, and I met her gaze. "N-no I don't." I replied, and quickly looked down again at my plate. "C'mon Eli, I can tell that you're lying." She replied, and I let out a sigh.

"Fine I do, but what's the point? He doesn't like me in that way."

She sighed "Okay, but you never know it for sure."

"Whatever, it's over we're just friends." I replied and my mom shrugged. "You can never just be friends with someone you love." She said, then a silence fell over us.

I finished my dinner, and cleaned the plate. Then I went upstairs.

The words my mom spoke kept repeating in my head. Was she right? I knew she was but I didn't want to admit it. Because it just hurts, the truth always hurts.  This felt as if I stepped into a piece of glass, and needed somebody to numb all the pain. Harry was that somebody, but how could I tell him?

His actions didn't make sense, none of it did. Everything went well between us, and than it stopped. In life, not many things are clear. Sometimes, things become more clear when you look at the bigger picture, and so I did, but still I couldn't understand anything.

There's always a sudden moment in which our lives take a turn, wether its good or bad, we don't get to know. Sometimes, it's better, but sometimes it's not. The truth is we get scared either way, and that's okay, because it's a part of life we have to get used to. It happens to everyone.

Sometimes, you don't even know it happened until you look back at it, and then it hit you hard. You hope it won't happen again, but you know it will.

Our heart is made out of glass, you know it will break sometimes.

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter, this was a filler anyway haha. Anyway I made a Twitter account it's in my bio :). We're gonna hit 1K reads soon! This is truly insane and I'm so grateful thank you. Don't forget to vote. ;) Lots of love -H