nine

We walked to wherever he was taking me, it was dark out and most people were asleep. But here we were outside, walking in the moonlight and wind blowing through our hair, the coldness sending shivers down my spine. I was freezing but I didn't dare to tell Harry, not wanting to ruin this moment. We walked in silence for a while, and I kept my gaze to the ground, trying to think about where he was taking me.

My breathing stopped when suddenly Harry his hand grazed mine. The touch went away as fast as it had come, making me think that it was just an accident, my hand almost froze in place by his simple touch. The small touch came by again and my heart almost skipped a beat, before I could even realize it, his hand slipped into mine. Intertwining our fingers.

I glanced up at him and attempted to act nonchalantly about his action. I bit my lower lip when I realized that he'd slowed down, making me realize we were almost there.

We walked up a hill and made it to the top. I stared right ahead at the ocean that now looked ten shades darker, because it was nighttime. The moonlight shined on the ocean, making the water sparkle beautifully.

Harry walked forward and I followed him. Our hands still together, and our fingers intertwined. We sat down and looked straight ahead towards the ocean, when all of a sudden I got a déjà vu to the day I first met him.

There was a curly headed boy standing at the edge of the boat, staring at the ocean. I scanned his face. All the way from his sharp jawline to his hairline. He turned his head and I met a pair of green eyes.

In that moment I realized I had been staring at Harry this entire time and quickly looked back at the ocean.

"I don't mind." He said all of a sudden and my head snapped in his direction again, I met his green eyes, and it looked like stars were in them, they were glistening.

"What?" I asked confused.

He smirked at me. "I don't mind you staring." He said, and I felt hotness traveling up to my cheeks.

"Can I ask you something?" I said, and Harry nodded.

"Sure."

"Why did you take me here?" I asked, hoping he would open up and tell me.

"I usually go here, when I need to be alone or when I'm sad. This is my safe place, I suppose." He told me, I raised my eyebrow in surprise, not having expected him to tell me or at least not having expected him to do it so quickly.

I hummed in reply and looked down at our hands. I leaned my head on his shoulder and just kept staring at our hands. I could basically hear Harry his heart beat speed up when I did that, and I smiled to myself. All of a sudden Harry also leaned his cheek on top of my head, releasing a deep breath.

We stayed in silence for a while.

"Thank you for taking me here by the way." I told him, and stared up at him for some seconds. "It was very kind of you." I continued and glanced away again

"No problem, I felt like I could trust you with this place." He said, and I smiled a bit. He trusted me enough with his safe place.

"I like the way it makes me feel while being in your company." I replied, being a bit more honest then I should've been, but not regretting it because Harry had told me some personal things as well.

"How does it make you feel?" He asked, as if he wanted confirmation about it.

I stayed silent for a while just searching for my words. "Good, hopeful and happy. Like there is no care in the world." I answered truthfully. "What a feeling." I continued, and let out a deep breath.

"You make me feel that way too." Harry told me, and it kind of shocked me. Of all the things he could've said, I did not expect him to say that.

I had no idea what to say, and so opting for saying nothing was the best idea. Silence was always an acceptable answer.

We stayed like that for a while, and Harry cleared his throat. "We should probably go back soon." I then said, and sent him a little glance. "We can do that, or we stay like this for a while." He replied and I smiled to myself.

"Are you cold?" He asked me all of a sudden, and took his head of my head again to stare at me. I was only wearing a coat and a red colored shirt, that was definitely way to thin.

I gave him a shrug. "A little."

All of a sudden Harry took his coat off and placed it over my shoulders. "Better now?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Take it back I don't want you to freeze." I told him and he shrugged. Silence fell over us, and Harry searched for something to say.

"Then keep me warm." He whispered and looked into my eyes.

"How?" I asked, and Harry lay down placing his head on my lap.

"Like this." He said and smiled at me. I smiled back at him, and started playing with his hair. Taking one strand and wrapping it around my finger, then releasing it.

I stared into his eyes while doing this, and then realized something.

I was falling for him.

I scared myself with that thought, I liked him and there was no denying in that. Something about him is just so magical that you want to stay. His presence and company is magnetic. You just don't want him to leave. You want to stay with him and hug him all day long.

"What's on your mind?" Harry asked.

I froze in place, and shrugged, wondering how I could've put my thoughts into words in the right way. "You." I simply said, and widened my eyes.

"What about me?" Harry asked, and I didn't know what to do besides telling the truth.

"I can't stand you." I said truthfully and my heart stopped. I gave Harry a little glance and he just stared at me. His jaw dropped a bit. He sat up next to me again.

"Harry I'm-." I started, but was cut off when I felt his lips on mine. I cupped his jaw with my hand.

It was a flicker of a moment, in which it was as if a match had been lit up between us. A wildfire started inside of me.

I passed my fingers through his brunette hair, when we fell onto the ground and Harry was lying on top of me, his chest pressing against mine. He deepened the kiss, and I gently tugged at his necklace. He gripped my thigh harshly and my heartbeat sped up, I wondered what this kiss was leading to when all of a sudden he stopped and laid down next to me.

"And I can't stand you."