six

I was freaking out.

After twenty-four hours, I started to regret my actions and was freaking out. Why had I done such a stupid thing? My mom noticed something was off but didn't mention it thankfully.

Harry had been texting me a lot, but I just ignored it, muted my phone and left it on my nightstand. Making me wonder why I'd done such a thing.

What took over me to do such a thing? Did I even mean to kiss Harry? I couldn't get the memory out of my head. The shape of his lips and how they felt on mine. The kiss itself had only lasted a couple of seconds and here I am freaking out about it. I wonder if Harry felt the same way.

What if it had happend again? Do I even want it to happen again? I definetely did, but at the same time, I didn't, too. Knowing it would become another huge disaster. I'm sure the kiss had meant nothing to Harry. I know he didn't care, and I could easily pretend I didn't as well, so we could move on. But that was impossible, I was worried about having ruined things with Harry.

The last couple days we spend together were magical and a lot of fun. I got to know more about this orphic island called Eroda. But still I managed to screw things up between us.

I sat up straight in my bed when I heard somebody knocking on my door. I told them to come in and prayed that it wasn't Harry. But it was. I looked at the figure standing in my door opening.

Harry was staring directly at me, his curly brunette hair was all messed up, and covering his eyes. His shoulder were slumped, and somehow he seemed smaller then usually. He looked tired and devastated as if he could melt into the floor right there.

He closed the door behind him and walked closer to me not saying anything, keeping his eyes on me as he sat down on my bed. I tried to speak up, but was silenced. "I-" I tried saying.

"Don't." He said and I shut up immediately. He let out a deep breath and hid his face in his hands. "Why are you ignoring me?" He asked. I shrugged knowing he couldn't see it. Should I pretend I didn't know why or tell him the truth? Both options could've gone horribly wrong. So I decided to go for the truth.

"I'm just freaking out after... uh what happend yesterday." I replied, and his head snapped into my direction. Harry sighed and hid his face in his hands again.

"I'm sorry about it, I didn't mean to kiss you." I said and was met by silence. "Harry you know I care about you, but not in that way." I continued and let out a deep breath. Once again my presence was met by silence. "I just- I'm sorry it was wrong. I don't want this to ruin what we have going on."

"It's okay." He replied and I was shocked, his answer coming unexpected. "I knew the kiss didn't mean anything." He mumbled, making me confused. Did he want it to mean something? Or was he just glad that it didn't mean anything? I'm sure that he didn't have any feelings for me and neither did I have feelings for him. But I was still confused by all this.

"Did you want it to mean something?" I dared to asked, and I could see him shrug a bit. "I don't know." He replied, still hiding his face in his hands, he wasn't wearing any rings today which seemed odd. "Did you?" He asked. His eyes finally meeting mine and crossing his arms over his chest. He stared right at me waiting for an answer.

But I wasn't sure. Did I want it to mean something? I keep telling myself that I didn't want it too, but maybe I did? Maybe I was just confused.

"I don't know." I also said.

All of a sudden he stood up and searched for something in the pockets of his coat. "What're you doing?" I asked him, and he didn't say anything. I saw him smile a little when I asked that, making me feel better. He walked over to my desk and opened the drawer, placing something in there before closing it again. And just when I was about to stand up to look what it was, Harry stopped me. "Open it tonight, when I'm gone." He said, and I couldn't help but nod and go with it.

After that happened we stayed there for a couple more hours just chatting and lightning up the mood. We talked about the oddest things, but mostly about my life, because Harry seemed to care, and he was interested. And I too, was interested in his life. I learned that he really loved his family and he told me some childhood memories. We shared some laughs and then it was time to go. It was getting darker outside, and Harry still needed to do some things at his house.

We said our goodbyes and Harry walked down the stairs and left my house. I closed the front door behind him and I could barely focus on anything before suddenly remembering the mysterious thing he placed in my drawer.

I stormed upstairs, not wanting to wait any longer. I sat down at my desk and opened the drawer, finding a small little box sitting in the bottom. I grabbed it and on the back, there was a small piece of paper with my name on it. I ripped it off and read what it said. I furrowed my brows when I read it.

When sunsets fade, and the sun comes up. When danger strikes, and you're not safe. This will be your guardian angel. -H

I didn't hesitate one second about opening it, and when I opened the little black box, it revealed a golden crescent moon necklace. I held it in my hands for a while just staring at it, before I put the necklace on.

It made me wonder why did he give me that?