fourteen

"How are you?"

It was noon, and Roy had asked me out again. He told me he had something important to tell me, and that made me really curious.

"I'm fine, what about you?"

"I'm fine as well." He replied, and smiled at me. Then his gaze went down my body, in which I thought he was checking me out, but his gaze landed on something I was wearing.

"I love that necklace! Where did you get it?" He asked, and I widened my eyes immediately when I knew which necklace he was talking about. "I don't know, my ex- I mean my friend gave it to me."

"Oh, it's really pretty." He said and gave me a smile.

"Thanks."  I replied, and quickly looked at the table again, wrappig my hand around the cup and taking a sip.

"So you like him?" He asked out of nowhere, almost making me choke on my cappuccino.

"Excuse me?" I replied and raised one eyebrow.

"C'mon Eli, I saw the way your eyes lit up when you talked about that 'friend'"  He said, and I froze in place.

Roy sighed, and looked down. "I don't like him. He's my ex." I told him, and Roy looked up again, brows furrowed. He looked confused.

"Then why are you still wearing that necklace?" He asked, and that actually opened my eyes. Why was I still wearing it? It's not like Harry was here to see me wearing it.

I shrugged, and let out a deep breath. "Because he told me it would protect me." I said, and he nodded. "Oh okay."

Then a silence fell over us, and Roy cleared his throat. "So the thing I wanted to tell you."

"Oh yeah what's up?" I asked, and smiled.

"I don't know how to say this, but..." He started, and stayed silent seeming to try to find the right words to use. I stared at him just awaiting what he was going to say.

"Elianne, I uhh I like you." He said, and I looked at him in utter shock. Never did I expect him to say that. It seemed so weird, because we've only known each other for a couple days. I just stared at him in silence not knowing what to say or answer. Did I feel the same way or not?

Roy looked down and shook his head. "I'm sorry I-." He started, but I cut him off. "It's fine I just don't know if I feel the same way. Don't get me wrong I think you're great, but I just need time." I said and he nodded, seeming to understand where I was coming from.

"Come with me." He said all of a sudden.

"What?" I asked him, not knowing if I actually heard that.

Roy stood up, putting on his coat, making me realize I'd understood it correctly.

"Why?" I asked him, but he shrugged. I hesitantly stood up.

We walked out of the cafe, and started walking down the road next to each other in silence. I gave him some glances, and he was staring right ahead. He then looked down at the sidewalk, without saying anything. I kept quiet as well, not knowing what to say.

We arrived at some type of forest and sat down under a tree, I crossed my legs and glanced at Roy. He was sitting with his back against the trunk, his legs also crossed, and looking straight ahead into nothing. I wondered what he was thinking about, that made him so silent.

I frowned as soon as I realized something was off. I debated wether I should've said something or not. "Are you okay?" I asked him, hoping that he would just answer, and not try to dodge the question.

"Yes." He simply replied, but I knew it was the exact opposite. I stayed silent for a few seconds, not knowing how to handle that exact situation.

"What's something you like?" Roy asked all of a sudden. "The night." I replied and Roy immediately looked at me. "Why's that?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess I just like the dark. Something so mysterious about it, you never know what's waiting to happen for you in the dark. The most horrifying but also beautiful things happen at nighttime." I said, simply saying what I thought.

"That's beautiful." He replied, and I looked down at the ground smiling to myself. I played with the leafs that had fallen on the ground. "What's something you like?" I asked, returning the question. I looked up at him again awaiting his answer. His eyes started to sparkle. "Stars and moonlight. It's just so pretty." He replied and I nodded agreeing with him.

"Thanks for taking me here by the way." I said, and he smiled. "No problem."

A minute after I asked that I got a sudden déjà vu, when I was with Harry.

"Harry I'm-." I started, but was cut off when I felt his lips on mine. I cupped his jaw with my hand.

It was a flicker of a moment, in which it was as if a match had been lit up between us. A wildfire started inside of me.

I passed my fingers through his brunette hair, when we fell onto the ground and Harry was lying on top of me, his chest pressing against mine. He deepened the kiss, and I gently tugged at his necklace. He gripped my thigh harshly and my heartbeat sped up, I wondered what this kiss was leading to when all of a sudden he stopped and laid down next to me.

"And I can't stand you."

There was no denying, no lies, no nothing. I missed him, and I missed us. But what could I do about it? Nothing. In such a short amount of time he became so much to me. The thought of him with someone else hurt me. That's when I realized, I didn't want Roy, I wanted Harry. It felt as if Roy was just some sort of distraction.

"What's on your mind?" Roy asked, and my head snapped into his direction, making me remember his presence next to me. I quickly shook my head to get rid of my thoughts.

"Nothing." I simply replied, and Roy didn't reply seeming to notice the sudden change of mood.

I cleared my throat, and stood up. "I uhh I have to go." I told him, and Roy looked up at me, standing up as well. "Should I drive you home?" He asked, and I shook my head. "No I'll just walk." I replied, and just as I was about to walk away. I suddenly was turned around, and was pushed into Roy. His chest was pressed against mine, and his face moved closer to mine. When all of a sudden his lips were on mine.

I flinched, and pushed him away. I quickly turned around, and ran away from him, feeling tears starting to brew in my eyes. "Eli come back I'm sorry." He yelled, but I simply ignored it and kept running.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :) -H