eighteen

I turned around and looked at Harry. It was the day after, and we were at my house. Harry still seemed a bit off, and I just couldn't understand why.

The events of yesterday kept shooting through my mind. I had kissed Harry, and he liked it. Did this mean something? Would this mean he still likes me? Then why did we break up.

"You can't keep thinking about yesterday Eli." Harry said, and stood up from my bed. "It was a mistake." I replied and let out a breath.

"Oh." He said and had a sad look on his face.

"What 'oh'? You broke up with me." I said, and I widened my eyes a bit.

"I know, and I shouldn't have." He replied and sat down on my bed again. I looked at him with wide eyes and walked towards him, to sit down.

I decided to just keep quiet, because Harry had learned me that saying nothing could always be a good reply.

I know we both weren't used to us being this silent, and it kind of annoyed me, but I just didn't know what to say. "Can I ask something?"

Harry nodded "sure."

"Why did you break up with me?" I asked gently and I saw him shrug in the corner of my eye. I kept my gaze to the floor, scared to see the look on his face.

"I didn't want you having to deal with my problems. I was afraid to hurt you." He replied and let out a deep breath before continuing. "But I don't want you to see someone else. When we broke up I could tell that you were doing better and I hated it."

"Why?" I dared to ask.

Harry shrugged. "I want you to be at your best with me. I want you to call me baby." He replied.

"I don't know if I want this." I said and looked Harry in the eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"The fooling around, I mean we both know this isn't going to end well."

My words were met with complete silence. I looked in his eyes for some kind of emotion but I was met with nothing.

"I do want to try." I said, and finally Harry's eyes showed some emotion. Happiness.

"We'll take it slow." He replied and smiled at me.

Somehow we ended up watching a film on the couch. Eventhough couldn't remember how we ended up there.

We were cuddled up under a blanket together when suddenly I had the urge to eat something.

"I'm starving shall we get something to eat?" I asked and glanced uo at Harry.

"Yeah sure." He replied, and I paused the film.

• • •

We ended up choosing to eat pizza once again, but this time Harry wanted to take me somewhere and eat it there. I agreed.

I wondered where he was going to take me, but I now knew not to ask him about it. Because I learned he wasn't going to answer it anyway. He always liked to keep things mysterious and sometimes I enjoyed it.

Suddenly Harry parked his car and got outside. I did the same and took the pizza with me.

"You're not going to ask where we are?" Harry asked. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, and I shook my head. "Nope, I know better now." I replied and I heard him let out a chuckle.

Harry sat down on the hood of his car and I raised my eyebrow in surprise. Harry motioned for me to sit next to him, but I shook my head.

"I'm not gonna sit on the hood of your car, Harry."

He furrowed his brows. "Why?"

"I'll probably dent it." I replied and Harry rolled his eyes playfully.

"I don't think so." He said. I shook my head once again. "I won't sit there." I replied.

I turned around so I wasn't facing Harry, and I heard him sigh. He picked me up and placed me on the hood of the car. "Too bad you already are." He then said and sat down next to me.

I placed the pizza box between us and opened it. Harry stared at it for a while. "It's so round." He said and I let out a chuckle.

"Yeah." I replied and grabbed a slice. I started eating it and looked up to the stars. I was about to grab another slice when I saw Harry stacking pizza slices on top of each other.

"What're you doing?" I asked, and furrowed my brows.

"I'm making the tower of pizza." He said. I laughed at his horrible joke and helped stacking up another slice.

I looked at it before I got an idea. "Eat it." I said and he furrowed his brows.

"What? The entire thing?" Harry asked and I nodded. "Yup."

He sighed, but did it anyway. He grabbed the entire tower we just made and attempted to eat it.

I stared at him, and waited for him to chew it. "Is it good?" I asked, and he gave a slight nod.

Suddenly Harry stood up and grabbed a tissue. He spit some of the pizza out and I couldn't help but laugh. He threw the tissue away and sat back down again. "That was a bit too much." He said and let out a chuckle.

The rest of the night we had some small talk and stared at the stars. Somehow we ended up laying down in the grass together.

"You know... I really missed this." Harry said all of a sudden. "What?"

He shrugged. "I missed moments like these."

"Same here."

Harry let out a deep breath as I tried to figure out what he was thinking. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm sorry for breaking up with you." He said and I shrugged. "It's fine."

"You know."he  started, but was too afraid to continue. As if he didn't feel brave enough

"What?" I asked and looked into his sparkling eyes.

"You make my life have a meaning."

Sorry for the delay. I have so many tests this week and next week so help! I'll try to update when I have time. I hope you enjoyed please vote :). H