seventeen

It was Monday and my holidays were over. That meant, back to work.

I worked at a small cafe that was close to my house. I am a waitress there and I have seen some weird characters walk in and out of this place.

I took a deep breath before opening the glass doors and walking in. I took my coat off and hung it up. I walked to the back in attempt to find my friend, but he wasn't here yet which was weird because he usually is on time. I just ignored it and went back to doing my job.

I started to clean a glass until it was almost crystal clear. I wanted everything to be perfect.

My heart stopped beating in my chest when all of a sudden I felt to hands on my waist, I jumped and screamed a little. In which I let the glass fall to the ground and it shattered. I turned around to see a pair of icy blue eyes.

"Niall!!! Don't do that again." I said, and he bursted out laughing. I stared at him and waited for him to stop. "Are you done?" I asked, and he nodded.

"You should've seen your face." He replied in a thick Irish accent and let out a chuckle. Oh how I missed that accent. "Haha real funny." I said and rolled my eyes.

Niall just stared at me for some seconds before clearing his throat.

"So how was your holidays?" He asked, and I shrugged. "It was fine we went to some weird island." I replied, and Niall furrowed his brows. "Really? What was it called?" He asked.

"Eroda." I replied and he looked even more confused after that.

"Are you sure that exists?" He asked and I nodded.

"What type of drugs did they give you to create an entire island?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Niall, it's real." I replied.

"Sure, whatever you say big guy." He said and walked into the kitchen.

"I'm a girl!" I yelled.

"Whatever!" He yelled back and I let out a chuckle.

I sighed when I remembered that there was shattered glass all over the floor.

I went to go clean it up, and I accidentally stabbed myself a few times. I threw the glass away and cleaned up my blood.

Then the bell rang to let me know someone had just entered the cafe. I looked up and saw a man just sat down.

I walked up to him and slipped my notepad out of my pocket. "Good morning sir, what can I get you?" I asked.

My gaze met his gaze and I was staring at a raven haired boy, his golden eyes studying me.

"Just coffee." He replied. I wrote it down on my notepad. "Coming up, sir." I said, before heading back behind the counter, and making his cup of coffee.

I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground just waiting for it to be done.

I walked back to his table, and placed it in front of him. "There you go." I said, and turned around. "Wait." He said and I faced him again.

"Sorry, is anything wrong?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"No I just wanted some company would you mind?" He asked and motioned to the seat in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I can't I'm working right now." I said, and he shrugged.

"I don't see a problem with that. I mean you are helping me." He replied, and I nodded.

"Fine, but just a couple of minutes." I told him and he nodded.

And those 'couple of minutes' turned out to be a little longer. We spent that time just having some small talk that didn't make any sense.