twenty-one

I took the little box and glanced at him before opening it. His eyes were twinkling, with a hint of nervousness.

I glanced back at the box for a while before opening it wondering what he could've got me. Harry never really seemed like that type of person. Before opening it I held the charm of the necklace he gave me, smiling at the memory.

I slowly opened the box. Smiling when I saw what it was. I took the object in my hand and stared at it for a while.

Harry gave me a ring, and not just any ring. He gave me his ring. It was the silver rose one that he used to wear all the time when I first met him.

"I know this probably wont fit you." He started as he moved his hands to the back of my neck, unlocking my necklace. "So that's why you can wear it around your neck." He continued, sliding the ring on my necklace.

"So every time you wear it. It's close to your heart, which means I'm close to your heart." He locked the necklace behind my neck again. "I'll always be there for you in the darkest times."

I glanced at Harry again and I felt a way I hadn't ever felt before. As if something inside you melted and a cage of butterflies was opened inside your stomach. Just feeling as if you softened. This time I knew for sure it was love. A passionate feeling of deep affection.

I smiled at him and was about to say something when Harry stopped me. "Elianne, I don't know really how to ask you this but." He started and glanced down at his hands as if he was scared of the look on my face.

"Would you like to be mine?" He asked.

"Define mine." I said teasingly, knowing exactly what he meant with mine.

"As in girlfriend." He said and I smiled to myself when he confirmed it.

"Yes I'd love that." I replied and Harry looked up in surprise. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yes, really." I leaned towards him and landed my lips on his.

This time it was for real, we were a couple. I finally got to call him my boyfriend. I had imagined this moment so many times in my head and now that it actually happened, it felt like a dream, which I never wanted to wake up from.

Love is all I felt. Love is the most secure feeling.

A/N

Thank you for reading this chapter! :)