Chapter 5

Jacob's P.O.V

I ran out of the car at the sight of Bethany getting hit by the car. Everybody stopped driving and all attention was at Bethany's car. The front of her black car was crushed, the glass was shattered and her lights were no longer flashing.

I quickly opened he front door revealing Bethany. Her head was bleeding badly and she had cuts all over her arms because of the shattered glass, I quickly called 911, I couldn't find a pulse in Bethany. I grabbed her iPhone that was on the other seat, luckily there was no password so I scrolled through her contacts and found her mom.

I heard the sirens coming closer and Bethany's mom was with me, crying. She was in complete shock and by this time, people were crowding and looking worried. A man helped me lay Bethany down on the back seat. I tried to comfort her mom while Andrea was coming by foot because her house wasn't that far from how much we drove. I felt so bad and sick to my stomach at the sight of Bethany like that. The person who crashed into her was also in bad condition but was breathing. He had chestnut colored hair with amber eyes and looked like he was about 17 years old.

"Please clear out!" the ambulance yelled at the people surrounding us. They lifted Bethany onto a bed and did the same for the other person. Just as we were boarding the ambulance, Andrea came running and I pulled her into the truck.

I could see Andrea was about to cry seeing Bethany. "Wh-What happened..." she asked totally shocked.
So I told Andrea how the incident happened and she was speechless. We both tried comforting Bethany's mom but she was still bawling her eyes out and saying things we couldn't make out.

When we finally arrived to the hospital, the doctors were able to get her breathing again and the wrapped her head in some long white casts things.
The doctor came to us, mainly speaking to Beth's mom, "Luckily Bethany will be fine. She will need a small break from school for us to see how her head is healing but we don't think we will have to give her stitches." Bethany's mom relaxed a bit as soon as the good news were revealed. The doctor continued, "however, she may not be able to remember the past few days."

Andrea and I instantly made eye contact. Bethany might not be able to remember us? She might not be able to remember all the fun we had the past couple of days? No, I wasn't going to let that happen. It can't happen when we just became really close friends.

"This can't be happening..." Andrea said quietly while the doctor and Bethany's mom continued to talk. All I could do was nod.

"She'll forget we were friends," I said. Well that came out stupid, I thought. Obviously she was going to forget us.
Andrea and I called our parents and got permission to stay at the hospital for the night, so we slept on the hard chairs. As we woke us by voice of Bethany's mom, we found out that Bethany was awake now.

"You guys can visit her if you want, I
already went in and talked to her," she said, pointing to a room not far away. Room 14.

"Thank you," we both replied quietly.
I knew Andrea was as scared as I was because we didn't want her to forget us. Andrea stepped into the room first and I went in right after her.

"Hey Bethany," I greeted standing next to her with Andrea right beside me.
She looked frightened, "Do I know you?"

That broke my heart, and I knew Andrea felt hurt too.

Sorry this chapter is so short! But I hope this was interesting for you guys and comment what things I should write about in this story! I'm definatly open to ideas and suggestion! Thanks so much fro reading! ❤️ Sorry for the mistakes, I don't write on my laptop so yeah (: