Chapter 8

Bethany's P.O.V.

When I walked into Starbucks limping, I saw Jacob, Andrea, and Maggie Lindemann. I felt sick and I wanted to be back at the hospital. A perfect way to ruin my day. I usually never hated anyone because I learned to accept people and who they are even if they had the worst attitude ever. But Maggie was no acceptation. (A/N I love Maggie but if you want to know why Beth hates her in this fanfic read till the end of this chapter for my explanation) Maggie always bullied me the most and she was always so confident about herself, bragging to everyone and always showing off too much skin. I've got to admit that she looks gorgeous and she probably worked really hard to stay fit and all, but the guys just drooled over for how she looked. She always acted like such an angel but people knew that she really wasn't.

Oh, and the thing that bothers me the most is that Maggie was my all time best friend. Until freshman year. This summer.

She started hanging out with the ultra popular clique and ditched me. She ignored me when I said hi to her and she started to well... change. She started to care soooo much about how she looked and I knew that her perfect grades were dropping cause she always went to parties and then she moved to L.A on December. Maggie always spat on me and hit me. She swore at me and made me look like crap in front of everyone in the school.

I was still wondering why she came back to California when I heard Jacob and Andrea calling my name.

"Beth! Beth! Over here!" they waved.

I slowly walked toward them at a table near the back and smiled.

Maggie was with them, practically hanging onto Jacob, smiling at me with her fake smile, showing her braces. She was yet wearing a super cropped shirt with some high waisted jeans.

"This is Maggie," Jacob introduced. "We knew each other from grade 3 when we went to the same daycare."

"Oh, um long time no see Maggie," I tried to say as nicely and genuinely as possible. My voice ended up sounding like a really fake voice with tons of worry and hatred in it.

"To you too!!!" replied Maggie with a crappy fake smile again. "I came here for a friends birthday but look who I bumped into!!"

"You guys know each other?" asked Andrea curious.

"Oh ye-" Maggie cut me off.

"We're like besties!!" Yeah right.... I mumbled under my breath.

I could tell Andrea knew she sounded a little fake and annoying this time. Jacob kept staring at her and poking her. I could tell Jacob liked her. Maggie was definitely trying to use him, like she always did with guys. I was not going to let that happen to such a nice, innocent friend.

"Andrea, can we talk for a moment?" I said more demanding, than asking. She just nodded and we headed outside.

"She's fake, I can tell," Andrea spoke quietly so people can't hear. I was thankful that she was on my side.

"Yup. One hundred percent correct."

"It's you're turn to tell me the story behind that girl."

I took a deep breath and explained her the whole story from how she bullied me and ditched me.

I was finally finished after about 10 minutes. Andrea looked furious, like she wanted to hit something really badly.

"I can't believe Jacob's falling for her!!" she said staring at them flirting. She bit her lip and tugged at her long brown hair.

"I know. What should we do?" I asked worried for him. I grabbed onto the wall. I was starting to get a little tired.

"We have to drag Jacob out of there."