2020.11.26 (2)

<OST: I'm Not Okay - Chen>

"Wow, it's been close to an hour now. They sure are taking some time to find a mop, huh."

Jisoo remained silent. She couldn't understand how Taehyung could just be standing there behind her, acting like he hadn't disappeared into nowhere five whole years ago and this was the first time they were meeting in such a long while. He laughed and talked to her as she painted the wall mural, causing her blood to boil.

"Daebak-" Taehyung said quietly as he took a step back to admire the work Jisoo had done so far

"Daebak-" Taehyung said quietly as he took a step back to admire the work Jisoo had done so far. "I didn't realise it all this while... but I just realised... they're penguins."

Jisoo had been assigned to paint a penguin wall mural in the art room as a part of the anti-global warming campaign by the school. She hadn't thought much about it until she had heard the words come from Taehyung, that she suddenly realised how significant penguins were to them.

Those darn penguins. The same darn anti-global warming campaign from years back.

"Yeah, they're penguins, so what?" Jisoo said curtly as she turned to look down at Taehyung from the top of the ladder, still holding a paintbrush in one hand and a paint palette in her other. "Do they have any special meaning to you, Kim Taehyung-ssi? Because to me... they don't."

"Oh, really?" Taehyung pursed his lips, looking away as he nodded slowly. "That's interesting."

Jisoo turned back around and began touching up the top of the wall. She was angry... she wanted to hurt Taehyung so bad. After all, he had hurt her first. The way he smirked at her... it made her furious, and no matter how much she tried to psych herself out of that mode and tell herself that it was understandable for different people to have different reactions to the same situation, she simply couldn't calm down.

Words could hurt.