x. THE WEIRD DRAWINGS

THE WEIRD DRAWINGS(will the wise part 2)

THE WEIRD DRAWINGS
(will the wise part 2)

     Ben left Joyce's bedroom, feeling cold and sore. His father had left to go to work a little while ago, leaving Ben to lay in Joyce's bed for a few hours instead of go to school, Bob refused to let Ben go to school after what happened the previous day. Ben didn't mind staying home, but he missed his friends. A certain friend in particular.

Ben yawned as he entered the Byers' bathroom, needing to change the bandages on his arm and neck. His ankle hurt the most, he wasn't given any sort of crutch to help him walk, so he had to limp around and try not to put too much pressure on his ankle. After changing his bandages, peeing, and washing his hands, Ben left the bathroom, almost running right into Joyce. The adult put her hands on Ben's shoulders, having been startled by the young teen, "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know you were in here. How are you feeling?" Joyce asked, moving her hands from his shoulders after noticing how tense he got. Ben shrugged, "Better?" He didn't mean for it to come out as a question.

Joyce gave him a small smile and nodded, "That's good. Um, I'm gonna run a bath for Will. If you're hungry you can help yourself to anything in the kitchen. Make whatever you want, okay?" She assured, nodding as she softly spoke. Ben always liked that about Joyce, the way she talked. It made him feel safe. Ben thanked her and left the bathroom, passing Will on his way to the kitchen to find something to eat. Will was seated at the kitchen table, watching Ben.

"My mom told me what happened last night. I'm sorry." Will said quietly. Ben noticed that he sounded off, not normally like Will. Ben decided not to question it, thinking Will was just acting weird because of yesterday. "It's okay." Ben mumbled, finding a box of Frosted Flakes. His stomach grumbled at the sight, Frosted Flakes were his favorite cereal. Ben quickly made himself a bowl and started eating, although he didn't feel much better while he ate, still feeling kind of queasy. He decided to ignore the feeling and sat down at the table across from Will.

Meanwhile, at the school, the other four friends were gathered around a dumpster looking for Dart. Mike looked around anxiously, waiting for Ben to show up. Mike told him yesterday before they departed that they were going to meet up before school to find Dart, Ben said he would be there. Where is he?

As Dustin showed up, he asked, "What the hell are you doing?" Mike shrugged, "Looking for Dart." The three outside of the dumpster flinched as some garbage bags were tossed out by Lucas, the boy then hopping out himself. "Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up! After I drew the short straw. Real convenient." Lucas said, placing his hands on his hips as he stared at Dustin. Max rolled her eyes and moved to stand by Dustin, "You stink!" She directed at Lucas. Dustin smiled at the girl, "Hi, Max." he continued to smile at her, confusing Max. "Hi?" She said awkwardly.