iii. BOYS NIGHT

BOYS NIGHT!( the mall rats )

BOYS NIGHT!
( the mall rats )

     Ben almost choked on his Frosted Flakes as the front door slammed open and Eleven stormed inside rushing to the phone. She had previously been waiting out on the porch for Mike. Hopper sniffed and tossed the hand towel he was holding onto the counter, crossing over to the coffee machine, "Hey. Everything okay?" He asked, question directed towards Eleven. "Yes," she answered quickly as she punched in the numbers and held the phone to her ear, then went to her room.

     Ben continued to eat his bowl of cereal, and Hopper moved to sit in the chair across from him. "So, uh, what do you want for your birthday?" He questioned, somewhat awkwardly.

     Ben quirked an eyebrow, "What?" he replied, muffled, his mouth full.

     Hopper blinked at him and began tapping his finger on the table, "It's tomorrow, isn't it? Your birthday?"

     Ben gaped at him, confused. His confused washed away quickly once he realized that tomorrow was in fact his birthday. "Oh, shit, I totally forgot," Ben mumbled as he leaned back in his seat, staring off at nothing as his mind started racing. Hopper breathed out a laugh, "Language. But, yeah, the big one-five. Got any plans?"

     "Yeah, Davey wants to hang out for a little bit and so does Dylan. She wanted to throw me a party, but I told her not to," Ben answered, shoveling his last bite of Frosted Flakes into his mouth before picking up the bowl and drinking the milk. Hopper nodded and stood up, moving to the kitchen and making a bowl of cereal for himself. Honey Smacks, he liked them more than Frosted Flakes, but Ben despised Honey Smacks. "That's cool, but I would also like you to be home from being with them earlier than usual. I wanna spend time with you, too, okay?" Hopper muttered as he leaned against the counter and started eating his bowl.

     Ben nodded, before standing up to put his empty bowl in the sink, "Of course. You gonna bake me a cake and make me blow out the candles too?" he replied, joking, a playful smile on his lips. Hopper then shrugged, "If that's what you want, kiddo."

     Ben opened his mouth to respond, to tell him that he was just kidding around and thought that candles and cake wasn't necessary, and that he didn't really even want to celebrate, but Eleven storming out of her room and frowning over at Ben made him close his mouth. Eleven held the phone out to him, "It's Mike. He wants to talk to you," she said, nudging the phone closer to him so he could take it. Hopper eyed her, "What's going on?"

     He didn't get an answer, because after Ben grabbed the phone from her, she was back in her room and the door was slamming shut behind her. Ben huffed before shuffling away from Hopper and bringing the phone up to his ear, "Hello?"

     "Ben! I need you to come over," Mike rushed out, all in one breath. The statement made Ben groan quietly, "Why? I'm hanging out with Davey today, dude."