xxi. AFTERMATH

AFTERMATH!( the mind flayer part 3 )

AFTERMATH!
( the mind flayer part 3 )

Empty. The only word Ben could find to describe how he felt at the moment, sitting on the edge of the bed in Jonathan's room that he had locked himself inside of and staring blankly at the wall, was empty. Ben had cried and cried until he couldn't anymore. He had no tears left.

It's like Ben had flipped a switch in his brain that turned off his emotions. All of them. Other than the underlying feeling of anger that was slowly starting to bubble in his chest, he felt absolutely nothing.

The group, minus Joyce, as she had locked herself in her own room to be alone, were gathered in the kitchen in a deep silence. For Bob, it seemed. Dylan had been patched up and rested on the couch for about thirty minutes before she woke up and began pacing. Steve tried to calm her, but it was no use. Hopper got up and dashed over to the phone, beginning to make phone call after phone call.

Mike tapped his foot anxiously. He wanted so desperately to go check on Ben and be with him, but he knew he shouldn't. While being away from Ben for a while, Mike had started thinking about the two of them. The raven-haired boy finally taking time to really think about it. Boys can't kiss. They can't go on dates. They can't be romantic. It wasn't normal and it wasn't okay. Mike hadn't really stopped to think about how wrong everything he had felt for Ben was. He realized he would have to end things with Ben at some point. He wouldn't break it to him until things settled, of course.

Mike didn't want to. God, his heart was screaming at him, telling him that it was okay to feel the way he felt for Ben and that it was okay to like a boy. Unfortunately, his mind overruled his heart at that moment. He decided, and when Mike made a decision, he didn't change his mind.

Mike was brought out of his thoughts as Hopper slammed the phone back on the receiver. The kids all looked over to the older man from where they were seated at the table. "They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked, standing with his hands pressed against the table.

"We'll see." Hopper muttered.

""We'll see"? We can't just sit here while those things are lose!" Mike snapped at the adult, gesturing with his hands aggressively. Dylan side-eyed the boy, before raising an eyebrow warningly. He was right, of course he was, but yelling would get them nowhere. Mike stopped after feeling Dylan's glare.

Hopper sighed tiredly, "We stay here, and we wait for help." He ordered before walking away from the kitchen to Joyce's room. Mike scowled as he watched him go, before turning his head to look down the hall, eyeing the closed door that Ben was behind. Mike abruptly stood up, moving around Dylan as he attempted to get to the room. He would have been successful if a hand hadn't gripped his upper arm tightly and yanked him back.