Chapter 8

• Chapter 8 •

  Ι woke up feeling oddly nervous the next morning. I had a terrible numbness over my legs as I hadn't switched position while I was asleep. I slept on my left side and whenever I wanted to move my legs, the familiar numb burn spread all over my bones. Inside my chest, my heart shook with anxiety about what's coming today.

  I'm changing cells today. I'll have a roommate and I don't know what to expect.

  I looked around my lovely cell with a frown all over my face. I don't want to leave this place; I've grown familiar and attached to the loneliness. Frustration flooded through my veins and I groaned. I hate when they make decisions for me, but I did put myself into this after all.

  I heard footsteps coming over to my cell and I sighed heavily. Getting off the bed and walking over to pull the curtain, I heard a low laugh from the other cell. Harry. Frustration washed through me due to the fact that I won't be seeing him again. I barely know this guy, yet the darkness around him attracts me.

  Pulling the curtain to the side, a small, sleepy smile spread over my lips when I was met with a very stressed Stephen. I love seeing him feel uneasy. “Hey,” I mumbled, pushing my messy hair out of my face.

“Morning craziness, you have 30 minutes to get ready and have breakfast.” he announced, making my jaw touch the ground.

  What? I get more time and breakfast alone?

  I looked at him in disbelief, waiting for him to laugh and say I'm such a brainless girl for believing his jokes. However, he just stood there with a bored expression across his face and his arms crossed over his chest loosely.

“Thirty minutes to get ready and have breakfast. Is it my birthday?” I wondered with obvious fake sarcasm.

  He snorted, his shoulders slightly lifting. “I'm just delivering the order.” he replied casually.

“Logan ordered that?” I asked, furrowing my brows.

“No.” Stephen shook his head.

“I did.”

  My heart literally squirmed as I turned my head and got my eyes on the person who spoke up. Goosebumps rose all over my skin when his gorgeous forest green eyes  met my own dark chocolate ones. He was wearing his orange prison uniform, his long hair pushed messily back, exposing  the tattoos on his face. He stood between the gap of the curtains, hands in his pockets, a confident, powerful vibe surrounding him. I am yet again, stunned by his sharp beauty.

I couldn't help but laugh, finding all of this a ridiculous joke. “You did what?” I asked humorously.

He lifted slightly his head, radiating off his confidence even more. “I ordered your stay and your breakfast.” he replied smoothly, his lips slightly curving into a sexy smirk.

Stephen cleared his throat, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, “He's telling the truth, Rosie.”

My lips parted in shock as I took in the seriousness and stress over Stephen’s face. He was in no position to joke around, he almost looked scared and hesitant. There is no way Stephen is lying if he is standing and looking like that. My brows furrowed, my lips pursed in a flat line as I attempted to hide my shock.

“I thought your lawyer ordered you stay alone.” I muttered, recalling what Cane told me yesterday.

Harry shrugged nonchalantly, licking his full heart shaped lips, the image drawing me to him. “I pay him though, don't I?”