Chapter 11

• Chapter 11 •

Next morning I was ordered to be escorted at the cafeteria and have breakfast with the others. I was disappointed, to say the least, because I prefer eating on my own than being in that crowded, loud room full of idiots. Stephen was oddly quiet today, not saying anything to piss me off or mock me, which was nice, to be honest.

My mind has been drifting to Harry constantly on its own. It's so difficult not to think about this man. Everything he does or says is sculpted in my brain. There is just something so powerful, yet vulnerable, about him, that pulls me to him. I care about him even though he's absolutely nothing to me.

I can't lie to myself, I never did and I never will. I'm very attracted to him, not just because of how gorgeous he is on the outside, but because there are so many hidden parts in him that I want to bring to light. I feel overwhelmed whenever he just stares at me with those stunning green eyes and smirks at me like he knows what he does to me.

It's nothing like what I felt for Kayn. I was in love with that man, or I thought so. But he never loved me back and I used to come up with lame excuses to cover up for his poor behavior. I wanted to be with Kayn more than anything in the world, I really did. I loved that man more than I could describe, but everything vanished when I snapped out of the fantasy I had created in my mind about him, and saw the cruel reality of what Kayn truly is.

Seeing Kayn’s so hated enemy every day felt strange. I used to hear every bad thing in the world about Harry, some I still believe, but whenever I look at his face, I just can't help but think that there is so much good in his heart, trapped under a darkness he casted to protect himself.  It's like I'm seeing myself in his eyes; that's fucking rare.

Stepping into the cafeteria, I can't help but feel irritated at the loud voices circling me. It's like every time I come in here, I'm taken off civilization and thrown into a pit of animals. Their dark, deathly looks fell on me once again as Stephen led me to the familiar empty table reserved for me.

I noticed Cass and her crew, all of them sitting around a table, their jealous eyes on me. My stomach churned with frustration and I rolled my eyes at their pathetic behavior. They don't even know me yet they act like I've done something so horrible to them, like stole their man or something. By the looks of their faces, I could definitely take their man any time.

I sat down, my head already hurting from all the burning glares thrown my direction. “Be right back.” Stephen told me firmly and I nodded, him walking away swiftly to get my food.

I covered my ring with my other hand, my eyes glued on the table as my mind unwillingly took me back to Harry. The memory of him asking me to not pull the curtain to the side had my heart thudding. Maybe I shouldn't be so cold towards him, but he's so bipolar, so confusing, that I just cant let him read through me easily while I'm fidgeting with his emotions.

Maybe that's because I'm so interested in him. Because he doesn't have one particular version of himself, he has many different ones that mix up in a matter of minutes and have me going crazy trying to figure him out. He's weird, I fucking love that.

“So now you're a hooker?”

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the annoying voice speaking to me from the side. “What do you want, Cass?” I groaned, flicking my narrowed eyes to her stupid, frowned face.

“There's a new criminal in here, heard he got hoes yesterday, you stay right next to him, I'm just connecting the dots.” she shrugged, raising her full brown brows at me and pouting her full lips sarcastically.