Chapter 22

Chapter 22 •

I tried to shut down my feelings but it was impossible while my eyes were drowned in the sorrow of Logan’s green irises. My stomach felt like it had been stabbed multiple times by invisible knives of betrayal. As the head officers all stood in a line in front of us, cold shivers were sent down my spine.

So it begins.

“There he is, your savior,” Harry spat out, nodding his head towards Logan while giving him despising look.

I bit my tongue, unable to argue with him. He was right. Turning my glare back to Logan, he was avoiding my eye, his lips pursed together. The shouts and yells didn't stop, despite the presence of the head officers in the room. Harry still tried to break free through the cuffs, hurting his already wounded body even more, but I didn't even attempt to do so any more.

We were going to die.

“I don't see Elijah either.” I scolded, not looking at Harry's offended face that was pointed at me.

“They probably got him jumped.” he scoffed defendingly.

“Is that so?” I turned to look at him incredulously. “Or did he snitch on you, too?”

The furious glare he sent me was enough to let me know he was on the edge of bursting. The creases on his forehead and the ticking muscle of his tensed jaw were enough. His fisted, sweaty palms were enough. There was no need for him to voice his deathly thoughts, I could see the struggling bomb he was.

“Silence!” one of the head officers yelled, making the wild prisoners calm down.

At this point, I knew there was nothing that could be said from any of us. But, I wasn't born to follow any rule; just my heart.

I noticed Logan shift his weight from foot to foot, his eyes focused on me, eating me alive. I ignored his gaze, although a very strong part of me wanted to glare and yell at him my pain. Harry shook in his seat beside me, still trying miserably to break through his cuffs, frustrated grunts coming from his throat, teeth gritted together.

“You mother fuckers — you can't kill us!” Harry shouted, spreading  shock and fury in the room.

“Styles, you're in no position to talk.”  the red head officer replied strictly, keeping his hands clasped behind his back. “You've killed hundreds of people.” he added bitterly.

Hundreds.

You're next on my list.” Harry spat out shamelessly, a short evil laugh coming out of his mouth unwillingly.

“Kill him!” one prisoner shouted, making many other follow pursuit and order our deaths.

Shivers ran all the way down to my spine at the cruelty of their words. Scanning through the crowd of heartless, shameless anarchists that screamed their voices out despite the attempts of the officers to shut them up, my eyes met familiar caramel ones, that didn't show any kind of hate, anger, or mischief. Zayn.

He looked completely zoned out, lost in his own thoughts, thoughts that probably involved me, as his eyes were directed straightly on me.

“Silence!”

“Look at your hero, Rosie, he swallowed his own tongue.”  Harry mocked, cackling as he pointed his index finger at Logan.

I looked down, avoiding Logan’s puppy, fakely sad eyes. “What can I say...if lies were a crime they would all be in our position.”  I muttered loud enough so my voice could reach Logan’s ears.