Chapter 39

• Chapter 39 •

Following Elijah and Bon outside the house, I could feel the goosebumps arising on my skin the moment I saw the SUVs parked outside. My heart leaped with hope that Harry might be in one of them. Elijah looked very skeptical while Bon wouldn't shut up about this whole ‘trip’ thing.

“Where are we supposed to go again?” I asked, looking at Bon who smirked widely at my question.

“We are going to make you into a whole other person, dear.” he said happily.

I looked over at Elijah who was walking on my left, a serious frown on his face as he looked at his phone. “He doesn't know about Harry?” I whispered to him.

“No need to whisper like gossip girls, you can ask me personally.” Bon cut in, placing his hand on my shoulder. I looked apologetically at him. “I believe Harry is already on a plane flying to Dubai, so you might as well do something similar, but towards a different destination. Wouldn't it be funny if you and Harry accidentally met in a whole other country? What would be the odds?” he laughed at the end as we jumped in the SUV.

So Bon knows Harry is missing and he's willing to help me get away as a whole new person. Something is not adding up...

“Aren't you worried about him?” I asked, looking directly into Bon’s green eyes as he sat across from me. Elijah sat next to me.

He shrugged casually and lied back lazily on the comfortable leather sheets. “He has survived worse, his plan got you out of that prison, so I know he'll make it.”

“But what if he doesn't?”

“It might sound creepy but,” he pressed his lips together, eyes debating or not to continue. “Demons can't die.”

I frowned and looked over at Elijah, who just stared blankly at Bon, no hint of willingness to defend his best friend. Shit. Harry must have done terrible, tremendous things to be called a ‘demon’.

“What are you going to say when he returns and sees I'm gone?” I asked curiously, crossing my arms over my chest. “He's going to go mental when he finds out you helped me go away.”

“He dumped you.” Elijah growled, giving me a warning look. “He should be the last person to be angry at you.”

“Plus, when he's gone, Elijah's in charge, that's written down on the papers.” Bon added casually.

“So the whole plan of stealing those diamonds goes to the bin.” I muttered, slightly disappointed that I didn't get to walk down those luxurious hallways with Harry holding my hand.

Where the fuck are you Harry?

“Exactly. It's not like we don't have enough money.” Bon laughed.

“Where am I supposed to go now?” I looked over at Elijah, who was staring outside the window skeptically.

“We're going to another mansion of Harry’s before the cops get us, so we can change your appearance and let you go on your own tomorrow evening.”

My heart leaped in my chest at his words. this is it. Your new beginning. I looked at Bon, who was smiling at me exictedly, ready to get straight to work. I looked outside the window at the trees passing by, feeling an ache deep inside at the fact that I'll never see Harry again.